TC out cable- 5-pin to 5-pin lemo (Ambient TRX to Alexa)

Bivouac

I need to make a 5-pin to 5-pin Lemo TC out cable between an Ambient TRX and an Alexa.

I have a connector diagram from my 744t manual which i will be using with the Ambient TRX boxes.

The manual connector diagram is as follows:

Pin 1- ground

2- SMPTE TC in

3- ASCII in/out

4- Tuning out

5- SMPTE TC out

Questions:

1) What cable- I have immediate access to all types of Canare cable where I am located so preferably a recommendation from this brand would be ideal.

2) Pin config- If it is a TC out cable, am I correct in assuming that I only need to connect Pin 5, and pin 1?

Thanks in advance!

Questions:

1) What cable- I have immediate access to all types of Canare cable where I am located so preferably a recommendation from this brand would be ideal.

2) Pin config- If it is a TC out cable, am I correct in assuming that I only need to connect Pin 5, and pin 1?

1.) Since you don't need to make cables that work both ways, any good quality smaller coaxial cable should be fine. I've used Canare GS-4 for cables like this in the past.

2.) The 2 cables you make need to be wired pin 1 to pin 1 and pin 2 to pin 5. The pin 5 ends go at the 744T and the reciever on the camera. Be sure to label the ends of the cable since there'll be no connection if they're flipped. An arrow in the direction the cable is wired works fine.

Best regards,

Jim

Why dont you use a piece of Canare console cable (balanced) and run the shield from pin1 to pin1 and cross over the other two conductors pin2(5) to pin5(2). That way, it won't matter which way the cable is used between the Alexa and the sync box.

D.

+1