New Year, New Bag! Petrol PS617 is Here

AudioSheik

Everyone keeps harping on the "no handle" thing. That's the most easily remedied complaint. I agree, you need a handle on these large built bags. However, the permanently attached handles on my PEGZ-1 gets in the way when I'm wearing it on a harness. I like removable handle straps so you have the option to take them off. On a couple of my rigs I use the canvas carry handles made for the Domke bags because you can get them in several lengths and they are thin and light enough to just lay forward or be tucked in and out of the way. On the PS617 I only had on hand an old fat padded leather carry handle from the old PortaBrace Sony 8" field monitor case and that works fine for me right now.

I have the 614 and I just keep a shortened shoulder strap. When working with a harness, it hangs underneath. That way it's there to carry the bag (when not mixing), or when I just use the shoulder strap for easier stuff.

Not the cleanest solution, but I thought an aftermarket handle (clipped to the plastic D-rings) would be in the way when mixing.

• 3 weeks later...