Lectrosonics smdb RF

jonnyboom

Hi all.

I have seen in the manual for Lectrosonics SMDB that some mics can pick up RF from the TX being close to the mic. I am currently using the TXs on my booms utilising the Ambient UMPii power supplys.

I can hear what can only be described as a strange "bubbling" noise during low level dialogue and inbetween speeches, although post production have not said anything as yet it is enough that i know it is there and need to find a cure.

I am wondering if it is RF i am hearing through the mic so i have decided to try the capacitor tick as seen in the manual.

Problem is i cant really understand the diagram. Can anyone tell me in lamens terms which legs to which pins, is it one or two capacitors.

P.S the mics i am using are Schoeps CCM41s

Hope this makes sense

Regards to all

Jonathan Seale AMPS/MIPS

does the bubble sound happen periodically at around 3 seconds? If so, then this is the battery telemetry. I posted about this some time ago. The last thing I heard from Lectro was that they were working on a firmware update to solve the problem but I'm not sure if it happened. That was some months ago. I'm sure Larry will tell us. Proper gain staging kind of solved the issue for me though.

does the bubble sound happen periodically at around 3 seconds? If so, then this is the battery telemetry. I posted about this some time ago. The last thing I heard from Lectro was that they were working on a firmware update to solve the problem but I'm not sure if it happened. That was some months ago. I'm sure Larry will tell us. Proper gain staging kind of solved the issue for me though.

The three second burble noise was due to the 3 second telemetry swing for the battery monitor. That has been indeed taken care of in an update. Service can tell you the status of any given unit as to whether the update is in the firmware.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro