Any WISYCOM users?

soundtrane

Ray & all,

it has probably been answered before, but I could not find the thread:

Will the MCR42 show the battery level of the SK5212 (or whatever non-Wisycom TX)?

All,

This might sound naive, however:

The usual suspects provide dipoles with highly customized length, according to narrower tunable bandwidth blocks. With some 232Mhz of tb, would it make sense to use a variety of dipoles ready, using them depending on what frequencies are used? Not everyone is carrying LPDAs in a bag ;)

Does anyone have a link to a diagram, showing the distribution of gain left and right of the ideal frequency at a specific dipol length?

What Antenna connector do the MTP40 and SK5212 use? It looks the same.

I have redone the test today, the squelch was to high (12 mW) yesterday. Yes the output power was on high.

It gives me an impressive range (Wysi TX and DX) and a very good one (Wysi DX and Senni 5212 TX).

I will go on tomorrow with G3, Audio ltd  2040 and EN2P.

I have redone the test today, the squelch was to high (12 mW) yesterday. Yes the output power was on high.

It gives me an impressive range (Wysi TX and DX) and a very good one (Wysi DX and Senni 5212 TX).

I will go on tomorrow with G3, Audio ltd  2040 and EN2P.

Assuming you mean 12dBuV for the squelch, try it set to 3 or 6dBuV with tone squelch on, this will give better range, but still not open with noise.

Assuming you mean 12dBuV for the squelch, try it set to 3 or 6dBuV with tone squelch on, this will give better range, but still not open with noise.

Yes with a better squelch setting, the Wysi TX plus DX gives a very good range. It was the better range (vs Lectro SRa - sorry I didn't have the SrB-, LTD 2040, EN2P, Senny 5212+3241). Unfortunately the key test wasn't good.

Anyway I rent a Wysi for my next shooting in Roma.

• 2 weeks later...

ENC passes the key test!

Today, I have used  the MTP 40 transmitter, (my precedent test was done with the MTP30). 

You are right : the key test is now very good. I have now to convince my associate to buy a Wisy combo !
Bandwidth, range, sound it's ok for me.

• 3 months later...

Today, I have used  the MTP 40 transmitter, (my precedent test was done with the MTP30). 

You are right : the key test is now very good. I have now to convince my associate to buy a Wisy combo !
Bandwidth, range, sound it's ok for me.

May i asked you what's your experience with the MTP40??

Did you test the MTP40 very good??

Did you test the MTP40 very good??

Yes and now I am the owner of 2 MTP40. I am planning to put a few sounds on my sound blog.
They sound very good even if the limiter is not as good as the awesome Lectro's limiter. The key test is good but not as good as the Lectro's. 
Last week I was working with SMDB/SRB and MCR42/MTP40.  The range was pretty similar (SRB not SRA).
They got the advantage of their 240 MHz bandwidth and of their battery life (almost 7 hours on NiMh 2700).

If I were always shooting in the same part of France I would have bought a Lectro. As I am always changing of place (and of country) I really appreciate the bandwidth.

I see you are in Netherlands, prefer the L plan. The high UHF frequencies are supposed to be allocated to mobile in Europe (world ?)...

Hi VM,

Nice to hear that you have gooed experiences with the MTP40.

My company has bought 15 transmitters MTP42 en 15 MCR42 set's of Wisycom.

The biggest reason for buying these transmitters is the bandwith. Here in The Netherlands it is a problem to find a good useable frequency. Tha's the reason why a lot of companies bought the Wisycom transmitters.

But last week i've worked with 4 MTP40 transmitter. I was working in a studio were it was very quiet. In that situation i've noticed that all of my four transmitters produces a lot of audionoise! A noise you can compare with the noise of a airco unit. But i didn't worked in a room with that noise! During shooting i have to switch recording from using the Wisycom transmitters in using the audioboom. The "airco-noise" produced by the Wisycoms was at that high it was a really problem for the recording.

Later on i've tested the transmitters in a absolute quiet room. All four transmitters produced the "airco-noise" at the same level. Even when i didn't connect the microphone to the transmitter there was the noise. The most rare experience was that the level of the noise produced by the Wisycom varied by the chancing of the audiolevel input. So it wasn't possible to get a better audio-noise level.

A day after i've tested the Wisycom MPT30 with the Wisycom receiver MCR42. Everthing was good. No rare "airco-noise" level produced by the transmitter. Even a test with a Sennheiser SK50 transmitter in combination with MCR42 was a good result.

Very strange. But for me is this situation is unuseble. So i will work with Sennheiser or Micron transmitters. I hope this problem wil solve by Wisycom.

Do you have the same experiences??

The "airco-noise" is irritating in very quiet situations.

We are  using Tram microphones for all of our transmitters.

I realise that Wisycom has solld a lot of these units and on the internet i can't find anyone who has the same problems as described.

So i hope it will be problem that's easy to correct. So i like to hear if anyone else has the same problems.

Hi VM,

Nice to hear that you have gooed experiences with the MTP40.

My company has bought 15 transmitters MTP42 en 15 MCR42 set's of Wisycom.

The biggest reason for buying these transmitters is the bandwith. Here in The Netherlands it is a problem to find a good useable frequency. Tha's the reason why a lot of companies bought the Wisycom transmitters.

But last week i've worked with 4 MTP40 transmitter. I was working in a studio were it was very quiet. In that situation i've noticed that all of my four transmitters produces a lot of audionoise! A noise you can compare with the noise of a airco unit. But i didn't worked in a room with that noise! During shooting i have to switch recording from using the Wisycom transmitters in using the audioboom. The "airco-noise" produced by the Wisycoms was at that high it was a really problem for the recording.

Later on i've tested the transmitters in a absolute quiet room. All four transmitters produced the "airco-noise" at the same level. Even when i didn't connect the microphone to the transmitter there was the noise. The most rare experience was that the level of the noise produced by the Wisycom varied by the chancing of the audiolevel input. So it wasn't possible to get a better audio-noise level.

A day after i've tested the Wisycom MPT30 with the Wisycom receiver MCR42. Everthing was good. No rare "airco-noise" level produced by the transmitter. Even a test with a Sennheiser SK50 transmitter in combination with MCR42 was a good result.

Very strange. But for me is this situation is unuseble. So i will work with Sennheiser or Micron transmitters. I hope this problem wil solve by Wisycom.

Do you have the same experiences??

The "airco-noise" is irritating in very quiet situations.

We are  using Tram microphones for all of our transmitters.

I realise that Wisycom has solld a lot of these units and on the internet i can't find anyone who has the same problems as described.

So i hope it will be problem that's easy to correct. So i like to hear if anyone else has the same problems.

It could be that the mtp40 s in ENC compander mode, rather than ENR- I haven't used the MTP40 though

I've chanched the compander mode form ENC tot ENR and there was no change!

The limiter setting are correct and are not the problem of this "airco-nois" producing the MTP40.

Wisycom said this noise-problem is not right. The distributer in The Netherlands and Wisycom aill research this isue.

Also a big problem is that you can't get a better signal noise level to correct the input gain. The noise producing the MTP40 is changing the same as correcting the input level. Strange....

It could be that the mtp40 s in ENC compander mode, rather than ENR-

Have you set the compandeur in the transmitter AND in the receiver ? ENC is the good one for dialog recording. The signal/noise is very good

The limiter setting are correct

In my MTP40 there is no setting for the limiter. The limiter in always on.

The noise producing the MTP40 is changing the same as correcting the input level

It looks like your have not selected the same compandeur mode in the TX and in the DX. There are a few different compandeur in the receiver ; evo for G3,G2, senn for  SK500, AL for Audio limited and ENC or ENR for Wisy transmitters. So you really have to choose the good one.

I use them with cos11D.

Even a test with a Sennheiser SK50 transmitter in combination with MCR42 was a good result.

It seems your receiver is in the Senn mode. Not the Wisy transmiter mode.

V.

I will check the receiver! The Sennheiser works fine with the Wisycom MCR42 receiver. I tested a Sennheiser SK250 transmitter with the Wisycom receiver (MCR42)and it worked fine. Also in the same receiver mode i tested a MTP30 with the smae MCR42 receiver and that worked also fine. No problem in these situations with the noise level.

The receiver and the Wisycom transmitters are in the same compander mode!! We've tested both compander modes but no different in noise level. There is a small different in audio quality between the two companders but the noise level produced by the transmitter still is the same in both compander modes....

Even if i didn't connect a microphone to the MTP40 there is the high noise level. And tha'ts not the noise level of the receiver!!!!

But i think nobody has the same experience as 1 have. I have tested 4 MTP 40 transmitters and 2 receivers and all the transmitters have this problem.

both compander modes 

There are 2 compander modes in my transmitter, and at least 5 in the receiver.

I used MCR42 with Senny 5212, and it was fine too.

Even if i didn't connect a microphone to the MTP40

That's better to connect a mic.

If it persists you should contact your dealer of wisycoms.

If you want more help please send all your transmitter and receiver setting.Do test with different mic ? They may not be wired correctly ?

You should <HAT> !