Any WISYCOM users?

soundtrane

The distributor in The Netherlands and Wisycom are aware of this problem. I've tested the MTP40 with diffrent microphones and the nois production is reduced enormously. So the main problem of the MTP40 is the Tram microphone we are using. We have bought 30 MTP 40 transmitters with Tram microphones and all the transmitters do have problems with this microphone. I hope Wisycom will solve the problem very soon. Any users of the MTP 40 wich are using also Tram microphone with this transmitter??

The distributor in The Netherlands and Wisycom are aware of this problem. I've tested the MTP40 with diffrent microphones and the nois production is reduced enormously. So the main problem of the MTP40 is the Tram microphone we are using. We have bought 30 MTP 40 transmitters with Tram microphones and all the transmitters do have problems with this microphone. I hope Wisycom will solve the problem very soon.Any users of the MTP 40 wich are using also Tram microphone with this transmitter??

Why use such a crappy oldfashioned microphone on such a well build modern transmitter? Must be one of the facility houses in the netherlands.

Wisycom is aware of the noise production producing the MTP 40 in use with TRAM Microphones. They replied to us the MTP 40 will get a hardware and software update to solve this problem!!

Hope they will get as soon as possible this update.....

Since we are discussing Mic incompabilities, I just stumbled over the specs of MTB40 and PHA48, both quoting a current supply of up to 4mW for 48V Phantomvoltage. The CMIT 5u I prefer to use apparently draws 4.4mW. Does this suggest issues or that they do not work together at all or whould that be within some tolerance?

• 8 months later...

As info this issue with Tram was solved with a revision fix down July 2013.

This is mainly due to the very high impedance of the Tram Mic. 

Since then the output stage is optimized for Tram too and if you like to apply a revision fix to previous MTP40 u can just call our service at support@wisycom.com.

Ciao 

/max

• 10 months later...

" Does this suggest issues or that they do not work together at all "

rather clearly...

A lot of things are suggested in theory, fact or fiction on-line and offline, but I know for a fact that the MTP40-US and PHA48 v2 work with a CMIT5u because I'm dumb enough to actually go out in the real world and try it.

As far as what type and how long the batteries will last? That's up to you to find out.

• 7 months later...

You have used Wisycome MCR42 with Micron? I have been told they don't have an option for that? Interested to know as I am getting an MCR42 and would be very useful to have them compatible...

Yes me too - Sennheiser 2000's & MCR42 have stood up well to heavy use as camera hop, except slight concern with noticeable noise undercurrent on transmission of 1Khz tone, but not evident with dynamic material which sounds as good as a cable, except soprano choral voice slightly noisy, it's an MCR42 issue of some kind and not the compander emulation as it happens with MTP-40 as well. Same setup with Audio Ltd. and Microns transmits tone clean.

You have used Wisycome MCR42 with Micron? I have been told they don't have an option for that? Interested to know as I am getting an MCR42 and would be very useful to have them compatible...

I have used the MCR42 with a Micron Explorer 256SDR TX because I was forced to as one of my SK2000's was broken on a flight. Can't remember right now which compander emulation I used, but there was one which wasn't bad, and acceptable as a camera hop.

When I said tone transmitted by Micron or Audio I meant replacing the whole TX/RX chain. There is definitely a dirty undercurrent to tone using the MCR42 which I've never got to the bottom of.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I use my mcr42/mtp40s sets all the time and find them pretty decent and reliable for dialog, although there have been more and more horror stories emerging of tx's failing and taking forever to get fixed. So people are starting to move to only using the receivers and combining with Sennheiser TX's because of the service aspect.

I do have issues with the companding algorithms. I've been a long time Lectro user and have a habit of using my lectro's with DPA 4060's behind car visors when in a tight spot, and while this works flawlessly with my lectro's, I just can not use my wisy's for that purpose in any companding mode provided. None of them are able to deal in a natural way with the changing noise conditions of a driving car while capturing dialog. Neither ENR or ENC. There is always some weirdness going on with the background noise sounding completely unnatural as opposed to my lectro sets. It's all good having settings that are optimized for something specific, but I'd very much like a mode in there with a flat linear response.

If it wasn't for the spectrum range I need because of working in different territories, I'd still be on lectro's all the way, regretfully I'm having to slowly start selling them off as spectrum is forever getting squeezed.

The times, they are changin' ...

• 4 weeks later...

Can't seem to find the right thread. Currently using a unit for testing from distributors but I'm struggling trying to Sync up MCR42 and MTP40. Had to manually dial in frequency. Any advice? Can't find info in manual or videos.

Regarding companders, my ears are used to the sound of G3s on ME2 Lav mics and Sanken COS 11s, and I guess I can say the MTP40 sounds more 'open' on MKE2 Lav mics.

Used a unit with several G3s in the bag, pretty sure frequency coordination was spot on but I can't say whether the Wisycom had better range. Or if they handled RF interference better. They seemed to experience interference as much as my G3s. Again it could be the location.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, bdumaguina said:

Can't seem to find the right thread. Currently using a unit for testing from distributors but I'm struggling trying to Sync up MCR42 and MTP40. Had to manually dial in frequency. Any advice? Can't find info in manual or videos.

Regarding companders, my ears are used to the sound of G3s on ME2 Lav mics and Sanken COS 11s, and I guess I can say the MTP40 sounds more 'open' on MKE2 Lav mics.

Used a unit with several G3s in the bag, pretty sure frequency coordination was spot on but I can't say whether the Wisycom had better range. Or if they handled RF interference better. They seemed to experience interference as much as my G3s. Again it could be the location.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Sync them: 

1. MCR42: Press Sync button for 2-3 sec, screen : sync RX1 , press ok

2. MTP40s: scroll menu to infared page.

3. Put the infared window near to each other.

sorry, my english is a bit rough but hopefully works :):)

I think the short range might be caused by      Freq scan and inter-mod. 

Let's say you adjust your group to 28 ( if here is a preset freq. this is not frequency block) and scan that group of channels, and take the best one , and test distance again. 

Good luck 

Hiro

• 1 month later...

Hey everybody! My first post after reading and loving this forum for quite some time!

Had the pleasure of doing 2 comedy shows with them this year ( one scripted, one improvisation based ) and was quite happy with them! About 110 Days in total.

I had them in a combination with SL-6, 688 and CL-12. Reach with Sharkfins was no problem but was dramaticly reduced with whips on the SL-6. Lavs were dpa and sanken and sounded good to my ears. 

I used a wireless boom all the time with the Kortwich VCP-20 into the normal bodypack transmitters. 

I also had a chance to try the cube style transmitter (mtb40s, I think) but thought that it was a bit noisier then I would have liked.

I still think that it was a faulty unit but didn't had much time to check it out in more detail. 

My basic setup was with 1 mtp40 and 5 mtp41 but on some days could go up to 12 channels in a mixture of mtp40, mtp41 and some sennheiser sk5212/ek3241 combinations (depending on what the rental house had to offer). On these days I tried to give the Sennheiser ones to the least important actors cause they were just a bit noisier then the wisycoms. Although I didn't really hear a latency problem in the mix, I still delayed the Sennheisers to match the wisycoms.

On some quiet scenes you could start to hear the wireless boom compander working but I think it was still okay for TV broadcast.

Run time with black eneloop was till lunch with mtp41 and about 3/4 of the day with mtp40. I would normaly just change them after lunch. 

Over all I was very happy with them! They will probably become my go to wireless transmitters and receivers.

Greetings from Berlin!