664 Firmware 1.03

Matt Mayer

Firmware 1.03 is now available for download:

http://www.sounddevices.com/download/664-firmware/full-detail/

New

• Tone Routing menu in System Menu; ability to choose whether tone goes to X1 and/or X2.
  • Ability to name tracks directly from the Input Settings Screen
  • Shortcut (METERS + RTN A) to switch frame rate and sample rate display on Meters view
  • Added Headphone User-configurable Presets for a total of 10

Changes

• Internal battery warning threshold comes on below 5.5v instead of 6.0V.
  • Added confirmation dialogue when loading default track names.

Fixes

• Tone L-Ident not present in headphones. When tone is active, HP monitor is always internally monitoring LRST.
  • Meter/Output Level discrepancies
  • Rare lockup bug with tone generator

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi Matt

I can't remember who mentioned this function , is 664 can route the timecode output to X1 or X2, while using free run ? and if it can't now, is this something can be added into the future software ?

e.g.: when 664 is not rolling, there is no tc output in the X1&2(by menu selectable on&off), and when it's rolling, the free-run tc will be sent to x1or2. thinking use this function to remote control some other devices. 

best

Cloud 

hi Matt

I can't remember who mentioned this function , is 664 can route the timecode output to X1 or X2, while using free run ? and if it can't now, is this something can be added into the future software ?

e.g.: when 664 is not rolling, there is no tc output in the X1&2(by menu selectable on&off), and when it's rolling, the free-run tc will be sent to x1or2. thinking use this function to remote control some other devices. 

best

Cloud 

Cloud,  I am assuming you are talking about internally being able to route time code to an audio track. This has been talked about on the SD forum and I think under consideration.  In the mean time you can take the lemo TC output using a cable and externally route it into a channel and assign that channel to either X1 or X2 and make sure Mix L/R is unchecked.

Andy

My 664 arrived a couple weeks ago along with the standard SD manual on that heavy cream colored paper. When I first looked thorough the manual I was expecting some discrepancies due to the recent firmware upgrade but that was not the case. It was up to date; a quick look to the bottom of the page confirmed 1.03 firmware.

I just think Sound Devices is such a class act.

Bob

Which ones aren't working?

The new "meters+RTN A" shortcut AND naming tracks in the Input setting screen do not work.

I havent been able to test the new battery warning threshold at 5.5v but I also do NOT get a confirmation dialogue box when I load default track names.

However, I DO have an added headphone preset and the added routing options for tone.

very strange! any ideas?

Cloud,  I am assuming you are talking about internally being able to route time code to an audio track. This has been talked about on the SD forum and I think under consideration.  In the mean time you can take the lemo TC output using a cable and externally route it into a channel and assign that channel to either X1 or X2 and make sure Mix L/R is unchecked.

Andy

thank you Andy !

Andy

I think he means that, while using free run TC, it would only output when the 664 is in record mode. The Zaxcom recorders have a setting for TC output that is either "generator" or "disk". basically the "disk" TC is like it is coming off the tape in the old days. It's still that same free run TC, but only sending while recording. Some people use this to trigger a 2nd machine that flips to record when it sees TC, but they are running a free-run setup. 

The new "meters+RTN A" shortcut AND naming tracks in the Input setting screen do not work.

I havent been able to test the new battery warning threshold at 5.5v but I also do NOT get a confirmation dialogue box when I load default track names.

However, I DO have an added headphone preset and the added routing options for tone.

very strange! any ideas?

My Meters+Rtn A works as expected, all it does is toggle the Sample Rate and TC Frame Rate display on the LCD.

To change names in the input screens, make sure that you toggle the screen open first, then press hold the input toggle to the right until the Edit Channel Name screen opens.

Where are you trying to load the default track names?

I think he means that, while using free run TC, it would only output when the 664 is in record mode. The Zaxcom recorders have a setting for TC output that is either "generator" or "disk". basically the "disk" TC is like it is coming off the tape in the old days. It's still that same free run TC, but only sending while recording. Some people use this to trigger a 2nd machine that flips to record when it sees TC, but they are running a free-run setup. 

exactly that's what i meant,i couldn't explain it better by myself. thank you Johnpaul