Inovativ Carts

VASI

Inovativ provides the film and photography industries with mobile equipment carts specifically designed and constructed to meet their unique needs and overcome the deficiencies of equipment carts currently serving the market.

Inovativ carts are compact in design, super strong, balanced, stable, durable and customizable. As a result, our customers will find a significantly better alternative to the equipment carts they are now using.

The Scout

Scout_Front_Final_Web_Rev_905.jpg

scout2_905.jpg

http://www.inovativcarts.com

specifically designed and constructed to meet their unique needs and overcome the deficiencies of equipment carts currently serving the market.

I think that's overstating it a bit. It's more a matter of personal choice. The other carts are very useful, too and not full of deficiencies.

For me, that cart would be completely wrong, but for someone else? Or is it supposed to be a follow cart? In that case, it may be suitable (again, for me)

The other carts are very useful

- Did you see the photo who I posted? The second. Tell me. Who other cart closed like this?

For sure but i prefer the Kortwich, PSC or custom made cart that are not so pricey.

It´s a cheap solution but have a look on this one. It cost just 253€. Have not this nice Black color but with some things you can pimp this one. Cheers

post-7092-0-58206100-1358092447_thumb.jp

The best and most unique feature of these Inovative carts is that they collapse and can be shipped like a flat case. Backstage (grip carts) makes a Magliner-style cart that comes apart and winds up being a flat package. The build quality on the Backstage carts is far inferior to the Inovatives which are extremely well made. The company does not have a line of carts that would suit everyone's needs by any means but they do offer some innovation (hence the name) which others have.

I was sent some pictures of carts that the Scientology Media Center uses (and no, I am not a Scientologist) and they have a few carts from Inovative and the BigFoot company that builds carts for IronWorks and Outpost media stations.

post-1-0-95089400-1358092656_thumb.jpg

Those are some sweet looking carts, esp if you would have to fly your gear. For us local types the effort to break them all the way down into a case for each move is a bit much, but for those traveling to work on a movie in one place for awhile they look very nice. Are those accessories the Scientology people are using made by the same compamy? (Umbrellas etc)

philp

I think custom building a cart is almost always a better option that paying this much for an admittedly high quality, but also high priced off the shelf solution.

I agree. And to even actually build it yourself can be quite rewarding. I have built and have thourougly failed at building various carts. I have only recently been able to actually build something that really works for me. I'm in no way a craftsperson, and the way I did it was really simple and many will say that it'll never work, but it does so far.

Even though I bought a LOT of crap to build the carts, due to me not having a plan and going strictly by trial and error, I have yet to hit the 300 Euro mark.

And what about all the fun I had? Showing up with a huge and heavy cart whose wheels would get stuck again and again after 2m.

I think custom building a cart is almost always a better option that paying this much for an admittedly high quality, but also high priced off the shelf solution.

Agree... I spent Xmas holidays building one... Started with a cart given to me by a dear VTR friend... FREE... I am really really happy with it... just did a gig and thought, " what would I have done with my old cart on that one..." Start with friends and go from there... 8)

post-2758-0-24815200-1358126406_thumb.jp

I traded email recently with the folks at Inovativ and they are looking into the sound cart ideas. I'm interested to see what they might come up with as a platform to attach a rack system, such as what I use, or have and open frame design. They're products are beautifully designed and built. But, then again....you are paying for it. I really like their work.

PWP

Agree... I spent Xmas holidays building one... Started with a cart given to me by a dear VTR friend... FREE... I am really really happy with it... just did a gig and thought, " what would I have done with my old cart on that one..." Start with friends and go from there... 8)

Likin' yr style there, Mr. Years. Small and mean--well done.

philp

I see you've gone vertical. Looks nice. For our work it makes a lot of sense space wise. Congrats.

CrewC

• 4 weeks later...

Inovative - Nice looking cart.

Think this one has been mentioned before. Backstage Flightcase cart TR-08 US$1175...

http://www.backstage...ew Products.htm bottom right.

RS

the name of this cart is a bit of a misnomer.  the listed weight is 78lbs.  for employee safety, the  check-in baggage limit for airlines is 70lbs.  if you want a cart you can fly with,  this is an issue

ao