Zaxcom ERX cases

justanross

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to share my findings with cases for the ERX's. Yesterday I received a ERX2TCD from Proctor Trivette. I really loved the case he gave me with it. So I took some pics :)

The first picture I will show are the cases I have. They are Belkin Ipod Classic 6th gen cases. Pretty nice but some issues. One being they are very tight getting off and on, no good if you need to change batteries quick. Second, it has no belt clip.

The second series of pics is the new one. It is the Body Glove EZ View Universal Case. Here is a link: http://www.amazon.com/Body-Glove-View-Universal-Smartphone/dp/B004E6FVI2. Much better in my opinion. Fits nice and snug, easy access to everything and it has a belt clip.

Thanks for reading.

post-1212-0-40009500-1358360338_thumb.jp

post-1212-0-34184000-1358360388_thumb.jp

post-1212-0-66138500-1358360435_thumb.jp

post-1212-0-04589600-1358360485_thumb.jp

post-1212-0-33473000-1358360535_thumb.jp

post-1212-0-96082200-1358360584_thumb.jp

post-1212-0-83013600-1358360638_thumb.jp

That's a really good find! I think the link might be broken but THIS should work to take you to amazon.com Glenn had always said they never made a case because there are so many good iPod cases out there and the ERX is the same size (as the now discontinued iPod Classic). Well, it wasn't really so easy when I started looking for a case for my first ERX Receiver. I did settle on a Blackberry leather case that was a perfect fit, had a flap-over strap that kept theERX in place but gave access to headphone cable, and it had a good sturdy belt clip. The one you have found goes one better for sure by providing access to front panel controls and a visual on the display.

Body Glove EZ View Universal Case on amazon.com

the ERX is the same size (as the now discontinued iPod Classic).

The Classic is still in production, it's just in that awkward state where it didn't get a lightning update (yet?), so people are not sure what will happen with it. I still have a 60GB classic from 2004 that I use as my car juke box, and have thought about upgrading it a few times.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipod/family/ipod_classic

thanks for the link, I just ordered. I had a case that didn't have a clear front, but offered some protection and a belt clip. I have blown minds a few times when I handed one to the note taker that needs to see TC but doesn't want to cram behind the camera to share the little monitor with the interviewing producer (reality TV formal interviews). 

The Classic is still in production, it's just in that awkward state where it didn't get a lightning update (yet?), so people are not sure what will happen with it. I still have a 60GB classic from 2004 that I use as my car juke box, and have thought about upgrading it a few times.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipod/family/ipod_classic

I wasn't too sure about whether the iPod classic was still in production --- I think we can all agree that it certainly is not in the limelight anymore. I have one also, like yours circa 2004, which I keep in my car for my music library on the road. Still works great.

thanks for the link, I just ordered. I had a case that didn't have a clear front, but offered some protection and a belt clip. I have blown minds a few times when I handed one to the note taker that needs to see TC but doesn't want to cram behind the camera to share the little monitor with the interviewing producer (reality TV formal interviews). 

I just did that on a commercial shoot yesterday,  Scripty was so use to not having something like that she kept forgetting about, then realizing oh wait,  it's right here in front of me.

• 2 weeks later...

For now i use a similar phone holder with a beltclip. Works well to put on camera but i m thinkin about putting my erx's in these when i hand them out as ifb and put a neck/shoulder strap on them. Even though the features are amazing the erx's are very fragile. Especially the headphone connector: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002PJWHMS I know they sell those close to my place so i will try to fit one in there and will let you know

For now i use a similar phone holder with a beltclip. Works well to put on camera but i m thinkin about putting my erx's in these when i hand them out as ifb and put a neck/shoulder strap on them. Even though the features are amazing the erx's are very fragile. Especially the headphone connector: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002PJWHMS I know they sell those close to my place so i will try to fit one in there and will let you know
Very cool.

Was it the Pelican i1015 you meant to link to? If so this really isn't what I'm looking for. Far too unwieldy. If I could find a UK equivalent to the EZ View I'd snap it up. Amazon.co.uk seems to list the EZ, but only as 'unavailable' hence me wondering if I can get a couple sent from the US.

If you have a similar phone holder, what is it?

Thanks

James

• 2 months later...