Lectrosonics 211 power switch

Alfred Tesler

Hey, got a problem with th power switch of my 211, I wold like to fix it myself.

Any tips or workflow on how to open it or what part to buy for the power switch, where from?

Any help will do. Thanks

You can buy the improved switch from us (talk to service 800 821-1121) but just be careful to not damage the solder pads when removing the old switch. A good solder sucker is a must. Damaged pads gets expensive fast.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Alfred, if you decide to get the parts from Lectro and DIY, PLEASE mind the little spacer that somehow keeps the switch raised above the face of the receiver. I had someone put that switch in for me and now I can't turn it on or off easily without a tweaker.

google on here. A few people have done this themselves. Sounds like it takes some steady hands and time. 

I'm pretty good at soldering, but if I had time I would probably send it back to Lectro and use it as an excuse to get the whole thing tested out, maybe a firmware update (if one exists). I honestly don't know if a 211 RX would ever need to be recalibrated, but somebody else may be able to chime in on that. Again, this might be the excuse to get all that done. 

google on here. A few people have done this themselves. Sounds like it takes some steady hands and time. 

I'm pretty good at soldering, but if I had time I would probably send it back to Lectro and use it as an excuse to get the whole thing tested out, maybe a firmware update (if one exists). I honestly don't know if a 211 RX would ever need to be recalibrated, but somebody else may be able to chime in on that. Again, this might be the excuse to get all that done. 

There is nothing in the 211 or other Lectro  receivers, old or new, that drift over time. My advice is if they seem to work ok, use them and save your hard earned money.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

I didn't know there was a new switch for the 211. I sent mine in for service recently and the old switch, that was probably the only poor design Lectro ever did, was replaced with an identical one. Should I complain to the person who didn't give me a newer one. What does the new model look like?

I didn't know there was a new switch for the 211. I sent mine in for service recently and the old switch, that was probably the only poor design Lectro ever did, was replaced with an identical one. Should I complain to the person who didn't give me a newer one. What does the new model look like?

The older switch was red and black plastic. The better switch is silver colored metal with a black plastic actuator. I assume that is what you got.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro