Lectrosonics SRb power cable

postaudio

Does anyone know if there is a solderable/crimpable Right-Angle version of the 761K?  For that matter, i'd love a Right-angle connector for the Lectro End of the SR cable as well, anyone might know that part #?

e.

You have to buy the molded plastic right angle with bare wire tail and then install the correct connector for the SR. Pro-sound has them 

After searching a few times, I never found any locking right angle solderable connectors so I decided to use the switchcraft and make my own.
I simply pry the longer (shield) tab to 90 degrees and use multiple layers of shrink tube in the end to cover everyting. Not the most beautiful thing but it works well and it's quite rigid in the end. Could use Sugru to mold something nicer but I never crossed the ''laziness line'' to order some...

post-1129-0-88360200-1358715084_thumb.jp

post-1129-0-33814900-1358715100_thumb.jp

No one makes right angle solderable connectors I have tried to solve this problem myself. You can get molded right angles with tails for both lectrosonics and BDS but you then have to solder a straight plug on the other end. I went for right angles on the lectro side then just solder on the BDS connector. I would be a very happy camper if switch raft came out with a solderable right angle plug for either lectro or BDS. Lectro and BDS are the same diameter plug I believe but BDS is slightly longer barrel.

Below are the cables lectro makes that are right angle tails.

Lectro part #s

And beware, Lectro center pin is 2.1mm while BDS is 2.5mm. Both 5.5mm outer... then if you force a Lectro male into a BDS female, not only it won't snug in completely but you 'll also end up pinching those tiny little round tabs that form the connection inside the female connection so when you come back with a proper 2.5mm male into that ''pinched'' female connector, you may have a bad contact. Not so much of a big deal though; you simply use a small flat screwdriver and re-gap those tabs inside the connection...

• 1 year later...

I can't find any other wiring diagrams online and the one on the page that came with the SRb is hard to follow... Does anyone know how to wire a D-tap connector to the provided SRb power cable. So I can power it from a broadcast camera's V-lock battery D-tap. The provided cable come with unterminated red and black wires. Much appreciated if someone can tell me what to do!

Just a note.. The wrong cable, as I've used, will short out the BDS, causing it to loose power.  The reset kicks in with time, but this can cause havoc on a shoot.  After placing in every power cable, but sure to run your test by leaving the system on for long periods, just to be sure, before any production work.

Even something as simple as a new cable should be tested thoroughly, before any shoots. 

I can't find any other wiring diagrams online and the one on the page that came with the SRb is hard to follow... Does anyone know how to wire a D-tap connector to the provided SRb power cable. So I can power it from a broadcast camera's V-lock battery D-tap. The provided cable come with unterminated red and black wires. Much appreciated if someone can tell me what to do!

Center pin is positive (red). hope this helps :)

Hi Ed,

We will start including a little sheet showing which wire goes to what part of the plug and what the polarity is. Thanks for pointing out the lack of selfsame. We should have been doing this from the beginning.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Lectrosonics

Stupid question so apologies in advance but I'm about to solder on a SWIT d-tap connector but there is a little silver bracket and I can't for the life of me work out where it is meant to go in the d-tap connector assembly. Google searches for wiring/assembly diagrams yield nothing helpful. Much obliged if someone could help!

See attached pic.

ne3adyzu.jpg

Its a strain relief - the long flat part goes in the slot (in your photo left piece on the bottom) then the U shaped piece of metal gets wrapped around the cable and clamped down a bit to strain release the cable.

And the cable can be on one side or the other (a nice touch, but have a look at the camera before choosing the side).

The little plastic part goes on the opposite side to close the gap.

And the cable wire that comes with some Lectro product is too large to fit correctly on those Anton power tap. Well, not TOO large, but a dog to fit :-(

Use a wire with a 3mm diameter, or less.