Oh the Irony..

Richard Ragon

I know there is a CL bashing topic, but I saw this and I just had to create it's own topic..

Saw this ad on CL:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cwg/3562588315.html

"I shot a really low-budget short film and the sound guy lost half of the sound files. It was an outdoor shoot with a lot of wind and the only sound I have is the really bad on-camera mic."

So.. this is just too awesome..  Let me see if I understand this..  The CL hire that you got for 100 bucks or free, F#cked up your shoot, lost the files (or is holding them for ransom pay), and now that 'bargain' sound department that you hired, has turned into a huge problem, in which you have to now spend even more money (and time) to fix..  And, it's never going to sound right as ADR goes.. plus, they will have a lot more time required to 'add' wind back in to match the scene..

Why, oh why, oh why do these dopes think that 'cheap' filmmaking is going to turn out anything other than a giant turd! 

None the less.. funny to see ads like, "we F-d up our sound, we need help to fix it", etc..

</soapbox mode off>

-Richard