I had a nice chat with Jon Tatooles about the Sound Devices 664 today....

Ty Ford

I would vote for the 352 concept. 2/3's of my work is 2 wires and a boom and iso's are always appreciatedThe main appeal would be lighter weight.

Either way it really needs to have 2 media slots. I can not rely one a single card like I did with the 552. As a result of a couple problems I always ran a back up to a H4n.. I don't want to carry a back up flash recorder in my bag any more, especially when the whole idea of a 352/322 is to minimize size and weight.

Tom

• 1 month later...

The release of BOTH the 664 and the PIX260 was a herculean task for any company to accomplish in just six months. I would not expect any new product announcements from our friends in Reedsburg come April. That would be an awfull lot to ask for. Prepare yourselves to be thrilled at NAB with the latest firmare updates to the new products. 

Just spent a few days setting up / lerning / rehearsing my new 664

Gee a lot of thought has gone into this

Love it all and the menus are so simple

Would like more room in the comments area as I have typical around 40 that I need to use

Still like using BWF Pro but after busy commercial shoots it takes hours to listen and annotate logs

I prefer to spend my time on set focussing on the task not writing or logging but my Portadrive was good

Love to hear some feedback on this as will ask a close friend in SD land if this is possible

Cheers

mike