Any rumors as to new gear?

Tilt Down

Dave, how are we going to be able to avoid losing the new poles and cloak on set? :)

The new poles and cloak use electrical current to go invisible. Think of the cloaking device the Klingons use. There is a small switch on the pole and one on the cloak. Flip the switch and you go invisible. The cloak is powered off of two AAA batteries and lasts for 15 hours. Same with the invisible pole. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new poles and cloak use electrical current to go invisible. Think of the cloaking device the Klingons use. There is a small switch on the pole and one on the cloak. Flip the switch and you go invisible. The cloak is powered off of two AAA batteries and lasts for 15 hours. Same with the invisible pole. 

If The Hobbit taught me anything this year, it's that you'll still have to worry about shadows when cloaked.

I'm waiting anxiously for Lectrosonics produce the first SR5-b.

I ordered them and I'm counting the days because I have urgent need of them.

And we are anxiously awaiting the bureaucrats' permission. A number of Euro SRb's are in stock, looking lonesome as their US kin are shipped out.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

If The Hobbit taught me anything this year, it's that you'll still have to worry about shadows when cloaked.

This is at odds with Harry Potter, where Harry's cloak of invisibility did not cast shadows. The only real way to locate a cloaked boom op is to set up a tachyon detection grid. 

• 2 months later...

I definitely see some potential issues. If you power the pole on, then set it down but forget where you laid the sucker, you'd need to wait all day for the batteries to run down in order to find it.

Have you thought about maybe adding a GPS locator unit built in and developing a corresponding smart phone app?

seriously: ( soundmen have too much time on thime on their hands)  wrote this for the video guys

Pix260 is selling in small quantities. You can link several with the (cheap and
ubiquitous) DANTE protocol over CAT 5 or 6 cable, that includes the sound dept. with 32 tracks per machine.
and editorial over cat5 or slowly over IP.
Since these machines do 444 video it's the end of the DIT or maybe the end of Vidass or will vidass record sound data???
Personal opinion : the person who has the knowledge will get the job. dont rely
on any friggen union.
Price approx 5.7 K without storage. you can store on cheap external e-sata-p it
takes all the commercially available RS422 controllers which would be the fancy
slow mo stuff I am guessing. audio input can be delayed. it interfaces directly
with 01V audio mixer via cat5. Mixers like it for its 32 tracks. can be run via
computer over cat5 or front panel.
it takes Pix240 and Avid etc files.
big question is if it pays back in sync several machines. find out at NAB.
http://www.sounddevices.com/products/pix260i/
they have a well Blog group.
wolf