Fusion by Deva

Bash

I just had the internet crash as I hit send on the long post that I just tried to send... drat!!

I have just returned from the IBS (see www.ibs.org.uk) training weekend in Moreton In Marsh here in the UK. A very fine weekend was had by nearly 100 delegates and organisers. Lectures were given and taken, experiments done, stories swopped, friends made, old friends met, drinks were drunk (rather a lot of them) and a pretty much good time was had by all.

I was both surprised and delighted to find that Roger Patel of Everything Audio, who is/are the UK dealers for Zaxcom, arrived with a prototype (mostly working) of the new Fusion recorder by Zaxcom.

For Fusion think Deva 5.8 without the front panel CF socket, DVD drive, and HDD, but with 2 x CF sockets on the side.

As I understand it Fusion in its basic form will be a 4 track recorder, but there will be pay options for more trax up to 8, and for FX such as EQ and Compressors.

As I understand it Fusion will record MARF to one of the CF sockets, but will record FAT32 BWAVS to the other CF socket.

Needless to say that without the CF socket or DVD on the front panel it is of the 'slimmer' Zaxcom height factor.

Anyone remember how often we talk about how we'd like 'an SQN with a recorder built in' - well - this is in fact 2 x SQNs with a recorder built in.

It is a pretty stunning piece of kit, and the price (as I understand it) is very pleasantly low.

I am seriously considering selling other kit to help afford one of these. It will then become my eng mixer, my back up machine, and my runaround recorder.

Now I shall try to attatch a pic!!!

. . . . .

I failed miserably. Will work on it later,

Simon B

Kin

Guest klingklang

I thought the Fusion was going to be a Deva with built-in Digital radios (hence the name)  but was dropped from development a few years ago? Seems like they re-cycled the name for a new product.