HM Display locked in Hexadecimal

audiofp

I purchased my first Lectro HM and the display is locked into hexadecimal mode. It wasn't this way last time I used it.  This mode/problem isn't mentioned in the manual. Anyone know how to reset?  Larry?

Thanks

I don't know of a reset that will cure something that weird. I'll check Monday with service. I assume you've tried removing the batteries and restarting the HM from dead off.

Best.

Larry F

Lectro

I don't know of a reset that will cure something that weird. I'll check Monday with service. I assume you've tried removing the batteries and restarting the HM from dead off.

Best.

Larry F

Lectro

Yes I've done that.  Removed the batteries, replaced with new (checked voltages to be sure.)  Thanks.

....and let the thing sit for a bit w/ no power and no batts in it....?

philp

What's it saying?

It's saying "8.8.8. 8.8" among other alphanumerics.

I did all the above.  I talked to service Monday and they're replacing it.  Good company.

Thanks for your responses.

Hey, I had a heart attack with an HM plug-on today. I popped the batteries in, checked the frequency, and it kept turning itself on and off! I began to panic until I realized the little screws holding the battery compartment were loose. Thank god, Lectro had the sense to use simple, easy cross-point screws and not some twisted hex thing (which would require a mad dash out to my truck). Got it fixed in :30 seconds. 

I suspect it got jostled pretty badly when used on the boom pole. Gotta watch out for that.