8 Lavs min with all equipment for $150/day ???

OK. While I'm writing that I'm still in shock. 

A producer calls me. Looking for someone with full equipment and 8 lavs. 20 days of shoot at Connecticut. $150 a day! 

Well I'm not shocked with the rate, neither with the 8 minimum lavaliers requirement for that price. I'm used to insane producers like many of us! He tells me there are multiple people that already accepted that rate for these requirements. (Still looking for someone?? so it's suspicious...)

Who owns (Can't be rental. All the money will go to that) all that equipment, does intense job like "sound" for those rates and be fine?!

Say yes and don't show up. Edit: ok this was meant to be kinda funny and maybe a little mean spirited but not really serious. I am not really the kind of person who would actually do this kind of thing. My response to this 'producer' would be " ok well my rate for this package is x and although I would love to do your project I cannot put that amount of gear out for less than my stated amount of x. Let me know and good luck" Best, G

They are really trying hard to make the world uglier. While he fights for his expenses, he forgets that we all do. I wish him health. I know that he was not thinking healthy at least for the moment cause he made it sound like $150/day rate is really a good rate for that job even though he said he understands lots of work.

-----

I know we all get angry when we hear those things. I don't know what I was thinking. Sorry for sharing a negative news guys! I guess it's always good to share.

Say yes and don't show up.

I understand where you're coming from but man! I personally can't do such a thing. Maybe some might think it's a weakness but I immediately think of the other crew, actors who put their hearts into projects like when I do. I would have hard time sleeping for couple of nights :) BUT does that producer deserves it to learn his lesson?? Hell yeah!!

It's not the cost of the eight lavs that are the problem, it's the wireless transmitters and receivers that'll kill you...

EXACTlY Bring 8 ME2's and nothing else, make sure you gave some other name than your real one haha and when they ask where everything else is, say well isn't this what you asked for? What I would say is get some of your friends and make sure you are their number 2 3 and 4th people they will call once you don't work out.

Kindly say no and move on. He obviously has no idea what he's doing. Saying yes and not showing up only runs you the risk of tarnishing your name, even if his expectations are unbelievably out of the ballpark.

+1

And as others have mentioned he has probably never worked with a professional crew so the job will likely be a nightmare. 

OK. While I'm writing that I'm still in shock. 

A producer calls me. Looking for someone with full equipment and 8 lavs. 20 days of shoot at Connecticut. $150 a day! 

Well I'm not shocked with the rate, neither with the 8 minimum lavaliers requirement for that price. I'm used to insane producers like many of us! He tells me there are multiple people that already accepted that rate for these requirements. (Still looking for someone?? so it's suspicious...)

Who owns (Can't be rental. All the money will go to that) all that equipment, does intense job like "sound" for those rates and be fine?!

This won't even cover the bill from the chiropractor after running 8 mics all day!

R

Never let someone else set your standards. If you take a job and don't show up, that is an example of your standards, not theirs. If you're a professional, act like it and don't lower yourself to someone else's lack of ethics.

Let your professional attitude show them that they're not up to professional standards -- by contrast to the fact that you conduct yourself as a class act.

I'll sometimes read these threads for amusement... but really it's no different to me then some homeless guy yelling a threat at me while I'm stopped at a red light (or whatever)... I have nothing to prove to this guy. I'm not getting out of the car... or even engaging people like that in any way. It's not even worth your time to teach him or her a lesson... they're nobody. Literally. Nobody.

Who cares what some shlub wants, thinks, or is willing to pay or not pay?

You should just shrug and think, "hmm... some crazy dude... whatever"... next.