R.A.M.P.S./JWS get together at NAB 2013

LarryF

To the Crew:

It's hard to believe another NAB is coming up already but here we are. Kathy Baca at Lectro reserved the Satay patio last year right after NAB 2012. We are just starting to confirm the 2013 "admission" price with the Satay Grille and hopefully we can stay close to last year's $20+tax+ gratuity. I think it came out to $24.50 or something close. There will be the same cash bar that has worked well in the past. Satay will collect the "admission" at the door and attach arm bands to the participants.

Lectro will do the same as the last few years as far as the fabulous retro Lectro sound system, badges, raffle slips, etc. Speaking of the sound system, I think it is now collecting social security.

Let me emphasize, this is not a Lectro "thing". We just want to help out, do what we can do that is easy for us and have fun at the get together. Suggestions, volunteers or any other person or company that wants to join in is/are welcome.

For those of you who have missed the gathering in the past or are there for the first time, the food is buffet style but very good, there are tasty vegetarian selections, the company is excellent, the noise level is a little high because everybody (60+) is talking at once and the great raffle prizes are worth more than the total price of admission. It is the best return for $25 you'll get in Vegas. So that Satay will invite us again, we all work to keep Jeff W. under control and from dancing on the tables.

Jim Feeley has graciously once again created a sign up sheet at:
http://bit.ly/yHt6G9
This helps us plan on the number of people. Finally, the "Secret Word" for the sign up sheet, as dropped down by the "Duck", is Kudelski.
Best,
Larry F
Lectro

"Let me emphasize, this is not a Lectro 'thing'. We just want to help out, do what we can do that is easy for us and have fun at the get together."

I can assure everyone that it is not a Lectro thing at all --- Larry has always helped out for many, many years, he is every bit as much of a fixture (and I mean that in the nicest way) as I am at the r.a.m.p.s party. His efforts and the efforts of all the others who have helped out are greatly appreciated. NAB and the annual r.a.m.p.s. party, now in probably it's 18th or 19th year, is always the highlight of my year. I am beginning to accept at this point that we should be referring to this get together as the R.A.M.P.S./JWSOUND party. I do not think we should drop the r.a.m.p.s. part because that is our legacy and the history of this annual party started by Eric Toline all those years ago.

• 3 weeks later...

If you put ramps as the secret word does it just not register?  I could have sworn thats what it said to do, but now reading the thread it appears otherwise.

Brian, the ONLY way to solve this problem will be for you to buy me a beer at the Satay Grille. Kidding.

We use a secret word in case spammers or others try to fill the RSVP list with junk. On the RSVP spreadsheet, I just changed your two RAMPS entries to Kudelski, so you're good to go.

• 3 weeks later...

Vin! It would be great to see you!

Did you try of the the Guest Codes that (most/all?) exhibitors get? Here's one that might still work (at the bottom of the page):

http://www.sounddevices.com/news-events/tradeshow-events/

Jim

PS- nothing against all the other exhibitors....I just guessed SD would have one handy.

Hey Everyone, 

The RAMPS/JWS dinner and shindig is just three weeks away.

If you plan to attend, please let us know. We don't want to run out of food. 

Please RSVP here:
http://bit.ly/yHt6G9

And on the form enter the correct secret word. We use that to filter out spammers. Some people have entered the wrong word; they will be required to dance the Funky Chicken before the raffle. This year's secret word:

Kudelski

Signed,

A Bunch Of Us

Vin! It would be great to see you!

Did you try of the the Guest Codes that (most/all?) exhibitors get? Here's one that might still work (at the bottom of the page):

>>>

Jim, will be great to see you too! And so many others... 

When i click the link at the SD page, it simply takes me to the usual registration webpage. SO i dont know if the free registrations are still open. 

-vin

I thought I posted this earlier, but it doesn't show so I'll try again.

Vin,

If things haven't changed, you can register there at the hall for a complimentary pass. 

A few years back a friend made a last minute decision to meet me there.  He just signed up at the on-site registration.  No cost, and it was impressively fast.  

You may want to confirm this is still the case.  

ADDENDUM:  I just looked at their web site and they state that after March 22 a $25 fee will be applied.  They also state that you can get a code by following them on Twitter. 

http://www.nabshow.com/

(Select the first image in the row below the display.)

Anyone want to fill in for me?... I'm going to miss it after being there the past two years! Always a great event and a real highlight for us sound folks/JW Sound peeps! I will have to send Jeff or Larry some money to buy everyone a round!

I hope everyone can make it and Eric Toline can host the door prizes this year! 

Cheers,

Whit