Cash cab / in cab mic's

hobosoundguy

Hi fellas,

I saw an ep of cash cab the other day. I was interested to know how they mic the back seat of the cab.

It's a plant obviously but it sounds good.

I'm doing a show in loud trucks. We'd like to mic one of the cabs that doesn't have room for a shooter.

The sanken cub jumps out from doing drama stuff but with the engine running its loud in there.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

In addition to the Sanken CUB, I've had good luck with Tram's on a visor.

It's a case by case basis as in-cab noise varies considerably vehicle to vehicle.

Do you use lavaliers? Uhh besides on the host guy. I suppose the contestants don't actually know it's a show. 

Wait isn't the visor in the front? I assume you use the CUB always back there. 

Sawrab

Schoeps ccm or cmc with collette cable. Schoeps BLM.

Tough to beat the best. I love the MKH -50 and am about to a gig where I will use it ins car. I am interested if Sennheiser will release an equivalent to the GVC head so the 8050 can truly compete with the Schoeps. I love the low noise floor of the Sennheiser mics but the low profile of the CMC/GVC is unbeatable.

Schoeps ccm or cmc with collette cable. Schoeps BLM.

Tough to beat the best. I love the MKH -50 and am about to a gig where I will use it ins car. I am interested if Sennheiser will release an equivalent to the GVC head so the 8050 can truly compete with the Schoeps. I love the low noise floor of the Sennheiser mics but the low profile of the CMC/GVC is unbeatable.

This has been out for while now. Works great...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/532987-REG/Sennheiser_MZG8000_MZG_8000_Swivel_Joint_for.html

Is it really as low profile as the Schoeps. I've never used 8000 series. How small are the capsules really?

Sawrab

look at the pictures of the 8040 or 8050 and you can see where it splits. It's about the middle of the mic, so the capsule side is (I think) a little bigger than Schoeps.