Avid

nwstudios

I think that Adobe has put a lot of thought into the current Audition and it does a lot of things really well in a pretty intuitive manner (to a newbie-- not to an experienced PT driver).   The NR and BS1770-2 measurement tools are very cool.  But the whole deal still seems to be set up for really short projects.   

philp

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, several vulture law firms are trolling for clients so they can try to squeeze some money out of Avid. Those firms start a lot of these sorts of "investigations." How often do they find actual wrongdoing and a settlement for their clients? Got me.

As for the NASDAQ letter, seems like more of a "WTF is your paperwork?" thing.

Is Avid in great shape? Nope. Do these particular actions mean much? I kinda don't think so. Let's see if there's any news next week at NAB. In the meantime, I'm still working on some jobs that cut on Avid. And I'd be OK starting another. Will they be around in two years? Who knows, but every NLE is an expendable these days.

• 10 months later...

Offically delisted from the NASDAQ

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/avid-receives-anticipated-nasdaq-delist-131500324.html

Avid® (AVID) announced that as expected, it received a notification letter from NASDAQ on February 21, 2014 indicating that the NASDAQ Listing Qualifications Hearings Panel had determined to delist the shares of the Company from The NASDAQ Stock Market and, accordingly, suspend trading in the Company's shares effective at the open of business on Tuesday, February 25, 2014.

I was wondering what this means, really, to a relatively small niche company like Avid?  They have a certain couple of markets pretty sewed up, and have become even more focused on the pro markets lately (didn't they dump the Best-Buy/Walmart ProTools rigs?).  They are probably not a great growth investment, I doubt they'll be hearing from Carl Icahn, so that's probably why NASDAQ has run out of patience with them.  I notice there has been no discussion of the delisting on the DUC, that I could find, so the major PT drivers don't seem worried.  Should they be?

philp