I want to be your apprentice

Hey guys

This is my first step into the sound and recording industry, having studied it for years at college I want to pursue a career within it. I am currently in London, England and want to be taken under someone's wing or given the right opportunities to be able to get where I want.

If anyone has any opportunities or links into the media world it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

KS,

I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors. In all honesty you can learn from some of the greats sound mixers on this site by just asking...asking....asking....asking....questions. Or, you may want to search the forum first to see if a similar question has been asked/answered before. 

Why limit yourself to learn under one sound mixer when you have access to a wealth of information and helpful mixers on this site?

KS,

I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors. In all honesty you can learn from some of the greats sound mixers on this site by just asking...asking....asking....asking....questions. Or, you may want to search the forum first to see if a similar question has been asked/answered before. 

Why limit yourself to learn under one sound mixer when you have access to a wealth of information and helpful mixers on this site?

Yes this advice is particularly valuable when trying to learn how to boom or mic up talent ???

I humbly suggest you hook up with some local indi-filmmakers. You'll have the most luck being brought on to a production that isn't paying anybody anything. They typically don't have much sound gear, so ANYTHING that you can offer will help... but you probably won't need anything more than a willingness to work for free.

The only problem (only my experience and opinion here) with being taken under somebody's wing... on a professional level... is that in the sound department, you'd be a liability until you definitely know what you're doing. If a soundguy is hired on for a shoot... they'd be shooting themselves in the foot to show up and explain anything.