R-88 is out but has file naming & track name issues

audioguy

They shall be contacted. Preferably, I would fix / change the programming of their product. However if that offer is not taken, I would be up for maybe offering being a Beta-tester which would be fun. If they do the " don't let the door hit you on the way out " approach, ehhhhhh whatever. It's would be their loss since I can help them make money which is all what companies want to do in the end.

I think you should worry about making money yourself first to be honest Roland have been around longer than you and will continue to do so, in any case you claim to have a nomad so why are you so hung up on a pro-sumer product.

Get your priorities right

I like both the Nomad and the R-88. Both are neat but the R-88 could use some fixes and I can help Roland with them potentially. Being a beta tester for their products would be interesting and I'd just do it on the side / part time if they offered it.  If they do not end up taking my offer for help on the R-88, ehhh whatever. As far as money, I'm fine and in a place financially where I will never have to worry about it for a lifetime

Hi Chris

This turned into an art and english talk now versus equipment? Sure, I am ok with that. Well, "" can be used to quote a phrase. That is usually how they are interpreted and used. However, I do not see any reason why someone not might view it as like using caps to give emphasis also. It depends on their intended use and how they are interpreted. 

" I don't know you Mr. anonymoussoundguy, "

That would be "Mr. Anonymousaudioguy", to you 

" I like both the Nomad and the R-88. "

you might call Howie at Zaxcom... he could use a good laugh.

" As far as money, I'm fine and in a place financially where I will never have to worry about it for a lifetime "

good for you.

file naming is not a big deal.  It really isn't. Zaxcom (until recently) has never ever considered this in their recorders, and people have gotten along with them just fine.

Calling a company and telling them to hire you because you think you know more then them is not a good way to get a job.

If you are so financially secure, why are you so interested in having them hire you to do this thing that doesn't need to be done?

If there is something about the R-88 that you don't like and you think is a deal killer, then don't buy it.

Depends what format the programming is directly on the R-88 and how easily accessible it is directly off of it. It's been compiled probably into machine code with the ones in the store. Might be worth a shot. The raw code before being compiled would be preferable. I'll go with the flow.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Now Roland fully fixed bug with the TC reset after restart in original firmware. So now just rejam the slate and camera and you are good to go. Added few new features, such as "Low gain input boost by 6dB", which is great for a super low level inputs.

My question is now, would it support any USB fader from different companies or it wouldn't? I'm thinking to get

Korg - nanoKONTROL2, I have a feeling that it should work since it uses standard USB-MIDI protocole.  Gotta figure it out hard way,
I'll go to the store with my R88 and test that controller. If it works it'd be great, cause I'll have a nice access to the LR mix faders, which currently are only in touch screen mode. Or maybe Roland will release some other control surface of their own that would have some features on it. We'll see. But overall I really like this machine. Personally more than 744, 788 for example. I like the interface of the recorder much more. The gain faders are very quiet for 3K price. I love the limiters that could have attack and threshhold tweaked for each channel. Also I love the fact of 96kHz for 8 channels mode. It's a very good piece of gear IMHO. ALso now it supports: 2, 4, 6, 8 polywavs. Just for the above earlier comments about "editors going crazy" about multi mono tracks.