Remote Audio NP1 Cup, Bottom Peeling Off

bmfsnd

Have you looked in there to determine if there are bare wires, or anything that might short out?  If not, remove the back covering and add the backing of your choice.  Mine has had a gaff tape backing for several years...on another I put down double face tape and a business card...let your imagination go wild!!!

It's happened to me plenty of times. I'm so disappointed with the move from the more rugged and serviceable style cup that they used to use. Sorry to say that, in my opinion, these cups are not nearly as worthy of the price being charged. I'm glad you brought this up, Matt. I guess this is something I've wanted to get off my chest for a while. I've actually made a point to snatch up the old-style cups whenever I see one used.

i've had the same problem. recently bought the PSC version of the cup and it appears to be the same as the old-style remote audio ones. the pins don't poke up through the backing and it has no gaff tape on it like all of my remote audio cups. 

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/743729-REG/PSC_FPSCPSM_NP1_NP_1_Battery_Cup_for.html

When were these cups purchased? If the metal covers have been replaced by the stick-on covers, I didn't know about it. I'll find out and report back.

gt

In the last 3 years or so I have two of the newer ones and two that are about 10 years old the older ones are much better quality and have held up much better 

I have a few and the newest of mine are fine, but I have one from maybe around 2007 that's doing this. I keep it as the backup, so I don't use it as much. I also use it to power a mixer rig, so the battery lasts all day. Not something like a single NP powering a 788 and some wireless where I need to swap batteries every few hours.

Thanks for the feedback guys.  Granted, there is no functional issue, the cup works fine along with the wiring.  But disappointed that for the same price I could have purchased an NP1 cup with better build quality. 

Glenn, I purchased this with the BDS combo deal at Coffey Sound. 

Me too. My NP1 also no longer sticks into the slot and stays. I have to gaff tape that down as well. 

The cable that comes with it from my Edirol to Distributor is also broken. 

Something's up with the construction of this very expensive battery system. Pretty annoying. 

Sawrab

Hello everyone,

We at Remote Audio are aware of the peeling issue some of you are having with our NP-1 cups.  I want to apologize on behalf of the company for any problems this may have caused.  We take quality control issues very seriously and are thankful to each of you for reporting this problem. It holds us to a higher standard and helps us improve our products.

We are working diligently to create a permanent solution.  As soon as we have one available, we will announce it on this forum.

Thank you again for your help and patience.

Sincerely,

Phillip Schullo

General Manager

Remote Audio

We are working diligently to create a permanent solution.  As soon as we have one available, we will announce it on this forum.

Thank you again for your help and patience.

Sincerely,

Phillip Schullo

Will this be a solution for those who have already purchased the cup? 

• 1 month later...