Panasonic AG-AF102, free run or rec run?

eombilod

just asking if anyone worked with an panasonic AG-AF 102 before with a 664 sd + time code buddy. wondering if its possible to do a rec run on the camera via tc out from 664 to time code buddy master and from tc buddy slave out to the AF 102 camera tc in. Because I had people telling me that the camera it self can't record if the tc cable is still attached so it will only allow tc on free run mode. just curios if its possible though.

I know of no camera that goes into record with a TC trigger. Most of the time the camera is used to trigger the audio recorder to go into record. Don't know why they would use Audio TC over Camera TC in a linear TC way. Flip the master and slave around and I think most will be happy.

Scott......

The Panasonic AF10x (the last digit simply refers to the region that it's sold in) uses the composite video connection for time code in or out and you can only send or receive time code while in the time code menu.

So, you can jam time code whichever direction you choose (from camera or to camera) but there is no time code access when you're not in the menu (i.e. no time code i/o while recording, etc.).