listing problem on IMDB

commpost

Hi ~    I've been having trouble getting a certain high-profile project I had worked on listed on my IMDB page. I have repeatedly tried to get my credit recognized on my IMDB listing, but IMDB keeps telling me that the credit list is "full", even though my name is listed in the end roll credits as, I believe, a matte camera operator.  I made almost 50K working on this particular production, though it was a while ago....1991. I have tried different combinations of occupations, such as "special effects" "fx camera" and what have you; IMDB seems to reject them and never gets it listed.

Is there an email or a way to contact IMDB directly to get this credit fixed? Anybody else had problems of this nature?

thanks

commpost

It took me 18 months to get IMDB to unlink the other Jim Gilchrist's website (which they had decided was my personal website) from my profile. He's the leader of the Minuteman Militia, a failed Congressional candidate for California's 48th district and a noted Neo-Nazi sympathizer. For some reason simply having the IMDB folks look at his website versus mine wasn't an easy enough solution evidently because he has a screen credit from the Colbert Report and thus was entitled to an IMDB profile. They had also listed as my work a bunch of articles by and about a politician in Scotland who also shares my name. 

Follow IMDB's instructions to the letter and eventually something will happen.

Best regards,

Jim

IMDB acts like God and all producers go to it----it's terrible,because it's many times inaccurate.

J.D.

You could try to pay for IMDB Pro, which (might) give you a little more clout at changing credits. I've had no problems changing the credits for films & TV projects, even on things I didn't work on, just to correct certain technical issues (like a show that was shot on film but the entry says it was shot on digital, etc.). I suspect they look at the record of the person doing the correction, and since I've been on IMDB for 14 years, they cut me some slack. 

I'm on a new feature now where the star of the film tried to put his name in, and they rejected his entry -- because it was his first credit. We eventually resolved it, but IMDB is kind of sticky about this stuff. And they have zero support and no phone number to call to complain, which is infuriating.