Northern Arkansas Reality --

I got an offer, but as juicy as it is, ???  I am forced to turn it down.
Posting here for anyone who wants it. 
Paid for 19 shooting days from April 11-30, 2013 -

Copy and paste from the e-mail that production sent me...

".....Anyway, our sound requirements are pretty simple but somewhat unique.
We will have 12 contestants initially, with one contestant getting eliminated every 2 days on average (every episode). 

We will need wireless lavs and bodypack transmiters on each of the contestants as well as the host. However, the lavs and transmitters can't get in the way of their shooting. In addition, we'll be shooting over rugged terrain on a 900 acre ranch, so we will likely have to field-mix and record the audio, as opposed to having a central sound board back at base camp. We will probably also have a variety of shotgun mics, which will probably go directly into camera -- either with a wireless transmitter or wired.  

We have a very limited budget for the shoot, so the rate I have been offering is $150/day. On the plus side, all 3 meals, travel, and accommodations will be provided, and I am planning the days to be relatively easy compared to other reality show schedules........"

:blink:  :blink:  :blink: 

Cheers

JP It is real.

Things I know--

• There is a pilot already in the public domain
  • The show has been contracted to a major network for air.
  • One of my family members is involved in certain non-financial and non-production aspects of the show.
  • One of our members here is familiar enough with this heretofore and still unnamed project and production company and has, in an apparent move of solidarity, let them know of my post.
  • It is safe to say this thread is being well monitored.

I have been asked by the producer to remove this thread. I do not possess these powers or admin rights, but have sent a note to the moderators indicating the wishes of the producer.  

I will say this -- One will never change what one tolerates. 

Beyond that, I should refrain form further comment, lest I get myself in real trouble.

" The show has been contracted to a major network for air. "

then their should be a real budget...

greedy producers ..?

" There is a pilot already in the public domain "

and why are we tiptoeing around who/what this show is ??

(actually, while there may be a pilot that can be viewed by the public, that would not make it public domain, it would no doubt be copyrighted.)

and who did that pilot ??

Oh, never-mind, they probably promised them that they would pat more if the show got picked up.

I have been asked by the producer to remove this thread. I do not possess these powers or admin rights, but have sent a note to the moderators indicating the wishes of the producer.  

Are they aware of the Second First Amendment? Are they also aware of what sound equipment actually costs to rent? Are they aware of what actual network reality shows' budgets are?

Delete this thread? No no no no no. Anyone who can insult our entire community outright by offering a rate like that should be outed publicly and should have to live with the consequences (which I suspect would be a drastic increase in the offered rate).

And no offense meant to you Cujo, but why on earth would you or anyone else worry about offending a company that offers a rate like that? I wouldn't even have asked the moderators to remove the post.

None of us need clients like that in the first place.