MovieSlate Software Update

Sound Grab

may i ask what's the Denecke timecode engine is ?  is this will make the app more accurate on TC without an external source for a certain period ?

best

Cloud 

Hi Cloud,

MovieSlate is now using the Denecke Timecode engine which we developed on our TimecodeToolbox app. In fact, we have actually improved the stability. You can now expect the drift to be about 1 frame per hour. Certainly not as good as we are all used too, but not bad for a consumer grade product.

I'd like to say that it has been great working with Cliff and his crew at PureBlend Software.

Hi Cloud,

MovieSlate is now using the Denecke Timecode engine which we developed on our TimecodeToolbox app. In fact, we have actually improved the stability. You can now expect the drift to be about 1 frame per hour. Certainly not as good as we are all used too, but not bad for a consumer grade product.

I'd like to say that it has been great working with Cliff and his crew at PureBlend Software.

i got it ! thank you Charlie ! 

• 2 weeks later...

So, it flew, your MovieSlate app...with good success for its first flight.

iPad mini 6.1.2

MovieSlate 4.01

Noticed that pre-loaded 'Mic' and 'Source' inputs seemed to change unpredictably at will.

Tried the pdf workflow suggested here without success: http://www.movie-slate.com/FAQs/10380

The trouble seemed to be getting PDF Printer for iPad to be recognized from within Mail application, despite running PDF Printer a few times and a few iPad restarts.

Here is my alternative workflow:

• Buy and install the .99 iZip iPad app
  • Email the zipped MovieSlate Sound Report to yourself
  • In iPad's mail, tap and hold the MovieSlate zipped attachment --> Open in iZip
  • Tap 'OK' to extract the file
  • Tap checkbox circle next to the file now opened in iZip
  • Tap 'Open in' bottom left in iZip, and choose 'PDF Printer'
  • In PDF Printer, tap upper-right-hand-corner Adobe 'Convert' icon and choose 'Convert to PDF'
  • From Print to PDF, tap the folder/arrow 'share' icon --> 'share' and choose either 'Send by Email' or 'Send to Dropbox'

What I've not figured out is how to force this process to use 'Landscape' mode or delete an excess empty last page.

Seems like PDF Printer had issue with trying to open a zipped file, but what do I know?