Cinela - PIANO windscreen and integrated mount

Jeff Wexler

This is an absolutely amazing windscreen - I have reports of it being put into the end of an air conditioner tube and no wind being heard and, from another user, it being placed in front of a fan and no wind noise. I have a demo unit if you want to check it out, Jeff.

I know Ryan, I know...  I don't need to be tempted! I need to get a job before I spend any more on equipment I'm lusting after. I did take a look at the accessory rain cover when I was last in at Coffey Sound, and it looked to be very well made, durable and most probably does a very good job of shedding the rain. Design is very similar to the "rain hats" that Don Coufal has built over the years but I'm sure it will hold up better than our DIY efforts.

I've been using the PIANO integrated wind screen and mount now for about a month.  It's the best wind/exterior rig we've ever used.  We got a demo (which I ended up purchasing) and spent the day testing it against my other wind rigs (all Rycote).  The difference was obvious from the start.  At one point during the day I heard my crew laughing over a dull roar, not knowing what I was hearing (not wind) I asked what was up.  They shouted back "We've stuffed it down the Air Conditioner Hose!"  I heard NO wind.

May I also put a plug in for the Cinela LEO, which is a slip on wind screen basket.  It's very similar to the ball gags from Rycote, but most like the beautiful baskets made for the Schoeps microphones.  It comes in diameters for Sennheiser MKH50's and for Schoeps.  Works great!

PWP

i love the PIANO,and also had excellent service from Cinela and Coffey. I also got the Kelly raincover too but not get a chance to try it out yet,very interesting product the Kelly. Now waiting for the MS combo.... ;D

ah something worth to mention that : cinela didn't put the PIA-2 and PIA3 on their website yet,but i did found them by chance when i searching the super CMIT. The PIA2 and PIA3 can do MS and DMS. Looks very nice.