SSD replace HDD in Deva Caddy

Bash

I would like to replce the spinning HDDs in my Deva caddies with SSD SATA drives.

I bought some cheap IDE PATA to SATA converter boards from eBay. I have removed the HDD, fitted the converter board, and then the SanDisk SDD in one of the Deva's caddies, and fired the machine up. It fails to see the drive there, and that is as far as I have got.

I know that someone on this group has done exactly what I want to do, but have searched and cannot find the post.

My suspicion is that the PATA to SATA board isn't working, or is incompatible.... Does anyone here have any clues?

Many thanks,

Simon B

I've made some posts over on the Zaxcom board about using 64gb compact flash cards as internal drives in my Deva V.

I haven't used any of my internal hard drives in the Deva for quite some time now.

Back when I was using a Deva II, I also had success with an internal compact flash card, however it wasn't as practical, since the machine would only recognize one partition.

Hello simon,

I replaced one of my Cantar drives with a PATA SSD. Works great in the Cantar PATA HD caddy and no other boards in between. should work for the Deva as well, I would think, and not too pricey.

Amazon was the supplier here in Canada, but it looks like Amazon UK has it as well...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Transcend-SSD320-128GB-44PIN-TS128GPSD320/dp/B007IXORCO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1362856496&sr=8-2

Best regards,

Jim Rillie

• 2 weeks later...

hi ,

just stumbled over this thread. some months ago i bought one of these transcend pata-ssd´s jim mentioned above . at least in my case it wasnt recognized by the deva ( tried with zaxcom and remote audio caddies ) . deva5.8 / fw7.55

best wishes

marco teufen