iPad stand ?

jpbat

What do you guys are using to fix an iPad on a mic stand, or a cart, or whatever ?

I'm looking for something that would have a thread just as our regular mic holders, so I could use all the accessories I got at hand to fix my iPad anywhere I fancy.

We are working on one for the iPad4. It will be at NAB. Here it is working with a camera that uses a wifi app for controls, but you can mount it anywhere you like. There might be some changes to the final design, as this is a prototype in progress, but it's pretty close to being done.

post-321-0-00990200-1363059914_thumb.jpg

post-321-0-65672500-1363059957_thumb.jpg

K&M (Koenig & Meyer) make the best ones - they have quite a range. For example:

http://produkte.k-m.de/en/Multimedia-Equipment/Holders/19712-iPad-stand-holder-black-3-8

They should be easily available anywhere decent mic stands are sold.

Be aware they have different models for Original iPads and iPad 2s.

I own and use this one. It is a great system since you can easily flip the iPad horizontally/vertically at any time. 

Is it it's own case? I personally don't care, as I'm still using the cheap soft case I bought for my ipad 1 with my new ipad when I don't have the new one in a Delkin Devices mount - But I'd rather not have to remove it from the protective case to mount it somewhere.

The Delkin has a 1/4"x20 standard screw port on the back, but my main gripe about it is that it doesn't offer ANY front cover protection. Could you possibly incorporate either a retention clip for the Apple Smart Cover (those crappy overpriced magnet things) or better yet, a K-Tek brand design that could put up with the rigors of the field when it isn't mounted... and maybe folds away when it is mounted?

I know I'm asking a lot, but I use my ipad mounted to my cart and having the ability to spin it off the mount and flip a cover over while it is in my bag rushing to the next setup... That would be fantastic.

FYI: I love the new boom case. Fits my articulating boom perfectly and offers just the protection I was looking for.

Thanks for the links, guys.

The K&M seems to fit my needs nicely, although when looking for it on Amazon, I saw this one :

http://www.amazon.ca/Tab-Station-Tablet-Holder-Compatible/dp/B005M32RL0/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A2OOS9PPFYU6F6

Certainly less elegant and slick, but I'll (probably) be able to keep the thin cover on my iPad when using it, so I gave it a try.

We'll see. Not expensive, so no biggie.

The KTek is a beauty, but I don't need such sophistication.

Right now the current version of our iPad case allows you to rotate the iPad at 90 degree increments. We've been trying to work on a cover for the front, but it's been difficult figuring something like that out using just aluminum.

I just received the Castiv iPad stand.

It does exactly what I was expecting, can accommodate tablets of different dimensions, I can use it *with* the iPad cover.

For my modest needs, perfect. And cheap.

Now, it's a plastic thingy that should resist about 2 hours on a normal set.

If your use is heavy duty, look elsewhere (KTek should be up to the task as usual)

• 2 years later...