Freq.presets on lectro receivers (Larry..?)

bralleput

Hi all ,having just received 2 Lectro 401s (blk 21 and 24) as 'additionals 'in the bag (so I can switch from cart 411's to 401's with the same TX (SMV's) still in use on actors) I have a question for Lectro/Larry :Is there a possibility to have a 'frequenciepreset'in the receiver?(softwarewise) I will explain: If the 401 receivers are set for the same freq as the 411's with the SMV's no problemo,but if I want to use my UM 400's (former orphans,. because I bought SMV's) with my 401's as additional TX/RX ( different freq.) I have to go search for the freq.Is a 'preset freq' possible ?So the switch can be quicker!OK a scan doesn't take THAT long ,but a preset in the menu would be nice :-)

Regards, David Carmiggelt

Prod.Soundmixer

Amsterdam, The Netherlands 

Thanks Wyatt,guess I was too lazy getting into that..Larry you can go back to business :-)

Tnxs.David C

The various manufacturers of the gear we use provide excellent customer service. However, you are still expected to do your own homework and not be lazy. Don't expect someone else to do the most basic of things for you.

Production Sound Mixing for Television, Film, and Commercials.

www.matthewfreed.com

Oeps,I thought I ended this thread with my reply to Wyatt.end of story ..guess not...Matthew: what do you say with "Don't expect someone else to do the most basic of things for you".Isn't that wat a forum is for,or do I have to keep 'stupid' (not in my opinion) questions' to myself?

Al in Jacksonville : 'Repeatedly annoying your peers is pretty basic, yet you continue.' ???? What the hell do you mean?Is work slow in Jacksonville,or didn't you take your pills?

And Mike ,get me a T-shirt with your quotes!

Regards David C

'this is a professional forum....' Mikey,...Yep.Are you trying to teach daddy how to make baby's?

Thanks Mike.Love you for being a filmsetprofessional nowadays ( 'Baywatch'..........) with such good remarks!I hear a T-shirt flyinging over! ..'RTFM' : I'll have it tatooed on my arm tomorrow.F*** ing great!

Al in Jacksonville : 'Repeatedly annoying your peers is pretty basic, yet you continue.' ? What the hell do you mean?Is work slow in Jacksonville,or didn't you take your pills?

David, that response was directed to the senators " Don't expect someone else to do the most basic of things for you " mantra

and was not directed to you

sorry for the confusion

and I take my pills twice a day, thanks for asking

al

Mike,You can PM me your e-mail adress (you want me to mail a t- shirt Mike???)but I guess you misunderstood : 'adress' meant you sent ME a t-shirt with all your wonderfull quotes!

Matthew,where are you?Am waiting for a smartass remark.

Regrets,David Carmiggelt

OK Mike and Matthew I RTFM Lecto has on it's site (even printed it!) but the user programmable "U" and "V' part is not getting into my system..If I want to program 1 UM 400,1SMV and 1 HM (Diff freqencies) to my 401 in block 24 : how do I do that (as in my initial question :Presets please)?The manual is not really clear on that in my opinion..Anybody?David C.

Mike,You can PM me your e-mail adress (you want me to mail a t- shirt Mike???)but I guess you misunderstood : 'adress' meant you sent ME a t-shirt with all your wonderfull quotes!

Matthew,where are you?Am waiting for a smartass remark.

Regrets,David Carmiggelt

I've been very busy working 60 hours a week on a show for the past 14 months. You admitted to being lazy and not reading the manuals and you evidently had not played around with the gear too much. It's good you have read the manual now.

Production Sound Mixing for Television, Film, and Commercials.

www.matthewfreed.com

Hey Matt,'you evidently had not played around with the gear too much' ....Having worked with 411's for the past 5 years as an addition to my Audio ltd's that I have used since 1991 (so 'evidently' is not the word),I thought a transition to 401's would be flawless.Never had the need for a group 'U' or 'V' before.So.Since you obviously read the manual in and out,and understand it,you can explain me the 'U' and 'V' part :Explain!(manual is not too clear in my opinion) David C 

Thanks Olle,but Mike is right :I posted this on the 13th..So Lectro was open than.But Mike cannot answer my question because in the 'Baywatchdays' a 401 was not there yet,he goes back to his standards.Sad that it seems like Mike spends his days haunting the JW forum,and not doing much else.

Anybody has any answers to the group 'U' or 'V' thing before I have to make 'a call,e-mail,FAQ thing?This is a forum where I can ask questions,right? David C 

Steven,the process is simple:how do I make presets for 3 TX to one 401RX.Simple as that.No one has a 'simple' remark,just smartass one's.That is really irritating..And I don't take anything 'personally' untill remarks as "be professional, RTFM first",do your own homework and not be lazy. Don't expect someone else to do the most basic of things for you." are the reply's.Can' t stand those.Smartass shit.It's a f***ing question.

Yeah, I get that it's irritating.

But I don't agree that their intention is to be a smartass. I think it's a frustration of sorts: digital technology creates an "ask first, think later" mentality, and combined with the usually instant gratification that the internet provides, we expect others to work as hard as we perceive ourselves to be working. When we suspect someone of being lazy, the adversarial "do your homework" comments follow quickly.

If you feel you did due diligence trying to solve your problem, a straightforward expression of that sentiment may serve you better than calling them smartass?

Just musing here David, not claiming to know anything.

Best

Steven,I did not get any answer yet.So above anwers are in my opinion'Smartass: 'you didn't read the manual' ,'RTFM' etc.WhenI ask a question on this forum I guess a helping reply would nice.No reply's yet on the 401's Group 'U' an 'V' +a,b,c etc yet.I guess a lot of people have not read the manual/have not used this function.Larry help!