Freq.presets on lectro receivers (Larry..?)

bralleput

Steven,the process is simple:how do I make presets for 3 TX to one 401RX.Simple as that.

There are no presets, in my opinion. You start with the receivers, not the transmitters. Do a sweep, note where any interference is located, pick the best receivable frequencies, then manually set the transmitters. I then use either Lectro's chart of compatible frequencies or NewEndian's FreqFinder app to avoid intermodulation problems.

You can use Lectro's own pre-arranged groups of frequencies, but the problem with that is that they don't take into consideration RFI problems in specific areas. Even if there were presets, the problem is, every time you move, the frequencies may not work in a new location. I've seen problems come up after moving only one city block, or even going from the ground floor of a building to the top floor (or vice-versa). 

So no, you can't automatically preset 411's with frequencies from a 401. There may someday be a way to link wireless receivers together with Bluetooth (etc.), but right now, it requires human intelligence, experience, and judgement.

Hi David, I hope this helps:

Adding/Deleting User Programmable Frequency Group Entries

Note: Each User Programmable Frequency Group (“u” or “v”) has separate contents. We recommend that you review the section titled Frequency Coordination in the instruction manual prior to adding frequencies in order to minimize potential intermodulation problems.

1. Start from the Frequency Window and verify that a lower case “u” or “v” is present next to the transmitter switch settings.

2. While pressing and holding the MENU button press either the SEL Up or Down button to move to one of the 256 available frequencies in the block. Whenever the selection comes to rest on a frequency that is in the current group, the group tuning mode indicator (letter “u” or “v”) will give a steady indication. On frequencies that are not in the group, the indica- tor will blink.

3. To add or remove the displayed frequency from the group, hold down the MENU button while pressing and holding the SEL Up button. The group tuning mode indicator will stop blinking to show that the frequency has been added to the group, or begin blinking to indicate that the frequency has been removed from the group.

I don't know if the 401s allow you to preset a few freqs like the 411s do. 

I've done the custom presetting on reality shoots with an occasional extra mixer that may only have 3 or 4 RXs, but my bag has a lot more channels. That way they can quickly bounce through the presets I set up in advance. 

• 2 weeks later...