My new bag....

pvanstry

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-391-136360787086.jpg

Here is my battery case. It's looking downright homely next to yours, pascal.

That black box on the lower right holds all of my charged batts.

On a tight set, this has everything I need to break away from the follow cart. Batts/ chargers/ and a constantly synced TC box w/cables for re-jamming everything.

Wyatt, your box is pretty cool, actually as more features then mine.

As far as DIY project, the charger suitcase is like the same thing I did for the kit. I designed the box ( AutoCad drawing ), had it built and made custom wiring for it. Got tired of half solutions and decided to commit and get the right things for the job. One more project left to go but that one will wait a bit ( power source box with a power supply and NP1 cup with auto switching system. ).

Wyatt, your box is pretty cool, actually as more features then mine.

As far as DIY project, the charger suitcase is like the same thing I did for the kit. I designed the box ( AutoCad drawing ), had it built and made custom wiring for it. Got tired of half solutions and decided to commit and get the right things for the job. One more project left to go but that one will wait a bit ( power source box with a power supply and NP1 cup with auto switching system. ).

Absolutely gorgeous work Pascal!  What is the material surrounding the chargers and how is everything secured in the case?

Big NO NO in that video --- nice looking, well designed case, but all those snap-top 9 volt batteries just sitting loose in the bucket is a really bad idea. Great way to start a fire. 

attachicon.gifloose batts.jpg

Yeah I don't know why they don't use the plastic caddies that iPower sells. Its easier to just grab the plastic thing and of you go, instead of diving into a bucket of batteries.

And here is my version of it.  Saw the video and they have some great ideas but when i called them about buying some, they told me they were only for the rental department.  Anyway....

Well yours looks way nicer plus you have a NP-1 and a Sony charger, to round up everything you might need with the bag you own. Again very nifty work Pascal, VERY nifty... congratulations!!

Here is my battery case. It's looking downright homely next to yours, pascal.

That black box on the lower right holds all of my charged batts.

On a tight set, this has everything I need to break away from the follow cart. Batts/ chargers/ and a constantly synced TC box w/cables for re-jamming everything.

Including the TC box is really clever. But the best feature is the picture in the upper right corner. Makes it all worth it, huh?

• 4 weeks later...

This is Amazing work Pascal, I am speechless. Congrats.

On the business side of things, have you tried to mold your aluminum frame in order to make plastic casting? Could be a much cheaper and faster way to reproduce the thing and a plastic frame would be also lighter... Take it or leave it, it's just an idea ;)

BTW, what kind of power distro is connected under the battery shoe?

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...