Old Style Neutrik Right Angle F-XLR Connector Screws

Sound Grab

• 2 weeks later...

I can't be the only one clinging to the life of these connectors. I have two reasons.

1. They provide somewhat of a 'locking' feature to the 411a when you're DC powering with a right angle connector. The new ones don't allow that due to size.

2. I like the flat side of the right angle XLR for when I'm resting my boom pole.

Perhaps not a big deal keeping those around.... but I like them!

I can't be the only one clinging to the life of these connectors. I have two reasons.

1. They provide somewhat of a 'locking' feature to the 411a when you're DC powering with a right angle connector. The new ones don't allow that due to size.

2. I like the flat side of the right angle XLR for when I'm resting my boom pole.

Perhaps not a big deal keeping those around.... but I like them!

I agree.  I've had to do some amateur machining on the new rounded ones to get to an angle that worked for me.  The old flatter ones take up less space in a rig, and I also agree about the boom pole plug.

philp

I will chime in here (although I do not know the official size of the screws, sorry) and say that I prefer the old style right angle connectors also. I like the flat surface and I like the fact that I can set the angle where I want to. I seem to remember that even with this old style I had to do a little bit of modification to actually make the connecter angle position be exactly the angle I wanted.