Zaxcom Camera Hop Step by Step guide

paulrusnak

I have uploaded a gallery that steps you through all of the menus and settings needed to use a QRX-100, a TRX-900 and a Nomad as a camera hop. 

I hope this is useful. I use it on my phone/iPad to double check settings.

I want to thank Bob Sullivan for photography and Jack Norflus for checking accuracy.

Thanks,

Paul Rusnak

For those of you who don't know him, Paul is someone I'm lucky to have as a friend and one of America's most accomplished documentary sound recordists. He is an advocate of small and light. 

In the 1980's, Paul pioneered what is now referred to as a "hop" on a pair of documentary projects for Frontline, "The Campaign for Page One" and "So You Want To Be President," both set during the 1984 Presidential campaign. They were two of the first long-term doc projects that originated on video. I was the video recordist for nearly all of "Campaign" and for the early and late stages of "So You Want..."

Bob Sullivan, or Sully (user name "Frogpole") is a former cameraman and an accomplished  sound recordist who recorded Chasing Sound, a really nice film about Les Paul. I'm also lucky to count him, like Paul, among my close friends and colleagues.

Best regards.

Jim

I have uploaded a gallery that steps you through all of the menus and settings needed to use a QRX-100, a TRX-900 and a Nomad as a camera hop. 

I hope this is useful. I use it on my phone/iPad to double check settings.

I want to thank Bob Sullivan for photography and Jack Norflus for checking accuracy.

Thanks,

Paul Rusnak

A very thorough walk through of the setup --- I'm impressed! I am a little concerned that all your hard work may not be found easily on the site since I can't figure out a way to have a perma-link or something to get people to the gallery of images you put up. The gallery section on this IPB forum is not very easy to use and often quite confusing. The RESOURCE tab was a start in the right direction and would be the perfect place to put a link to your gallery of slides. I will work on trying to make that happen.

A very thorough walk through of the setup --- I'm impressed! I am a little concerned that all your hard work may not be found easily on the site since I can't figure out a way to have a perma-link or something to get people to the gallery of images you put up. The gallery section on this IPB forum is not very easy to use and often quite confusing. The RESOURCE tab was a start in the right direction and would be the perfect place to put a link to your gallery of slides. I will work on trying to make that happen.

The file of all of the pictures is about 5 megs. Can I upload it somewhere so people can download it.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul,

I'd be interested to know whats in your kit.

Chasing Sound was a very cool doc.

Thanks

Thanks to Jim for the kind words.It is a small tight knit group of old timers here in DC. They are very knowlegeable and technically  proficient.

Sully worked on Chasing Sound, maybe he will chime in here. I know it was a labor of love for Sully and the Producer, John Paulson.

Sully and I have, I think, the only two Nomads in DC so figuring them out has been a joint project.

Thanks,

Paul

I am attempting to upload a compressed version of the folder.

I am traveling today so if it works, let me know and I will delete the gallery

attachicon.gifZaxcom Camera Link Instructions.zip

Thanks

Paul

It works just fine (and now that I have the actual files when I get it together to make JWSOUND more functional for info like this I will be able to do it). Thanks. No need to delete the gallery images, just leave them there.