Audix SCX1-HC vs AKG C480B+CK63

NCSOUND

Armin:  I have to disagree with you.  I have both the Audix and MBHO caps.  They are identical to the size, markings, even the model numbers stamped on the underside.  In addition, if you look at the spec sheets for the caps on the MBHO site, you can see that the sensitivity varies on which pre-amp it is paired with.  (I'll also note that MBHO has recently removed the hyper spec sheet).  From my understanding, Audix makes the pre-amps in the USA and the caps are made by MBHO.  It would be very reasonable to expect different sensitivities (specs) when the MBHO capsule is used on a MBHO pre vs an Audix pre.  So, in spite of what MBHO told you, all the evidence points to MBHO as the manufacturer, and no evidence, beyond their response, contradicts that conclusion.

• 3 years later...

Today I was booming an actress with a CK63 from above when I got an air explosion when she exhaled, which surprised me as unexpected from that mic position. 

But later on today there was a close up of a fly swatting, & I got that sound of the fly swatter whooshing by perfectly clearly without any wind problems.  Curious.