Royer SF-1 in field

Tom Visser

Yep, back of Manoa Valley.  The trail is about a mile at most, and surprisingly well groomed for such a large swath of land.  You basically go to Manoa Falls and instead of pulling into the paid parking lot, you drive up towards the Manoa falls trailhead and take a left up to the Arboretum parking ($5 suggested donation).  When it rains (often in Manoa), the Arboretum trail is much less muddy - although it's just not much of a hike - good for taking non-hikers or people who want to see a large variety and quantity of plants.

I'll modify my synposis of the mics a bit... sound is great - I always loved the transparency of ribbons, just that they do not perform very well with respect to self noise.  Maybe I wouldn't use them for quiet ambiences, but would be perfectly suited to something like city streets, thunderstorms, loud crowded spaces, etc...  and of course music, their originally intended purpose.