MKH50 "Branded"

ncg

Sawrab,

Cheers, hadn't seen that, question answered. It was just out of curiosity anyway. 

It has to be another Wexler, most probably Wexler Video. I have never even owned an MKH50.

Thanks.

Best

Nick

Exactly! When I first saw the thread title, I thought I'd found a kindred spirit that shared my disdain. 

Sawrab

I adore mine - it's rarely off the pole. Sadly mine has quite a dint in the nose grill. I bought it from a chap on eBay who advertised it as in perfect condition, then when it arrived tried to argue that it had had sustained a knock after he'd put it up for sale, but didn't think it relevant to inform bidders!!!

Idiot.

Exactly! When I first saw the thread title, I thought I'd found a kindred spirit that shared my disdain. 

Sawrab

::)  It isn't something I'd do to kit of mine. It's a bad idea in terms of resale value alone. Not to mention sacrilege ;D

I adore mine - it's rarely off the pole. Sadly mine has quite a dint in the nose grill. I bought it from a chap on eBay who advertised it as in perfect condition, then when it arrived tried to argue that it had had sustained a knock after he'd put it up for sale, but didn't think it relevant to inform bidders!!!

Idiot.

Cheeky, and yeah its lovely mic to. Both it and a 8060 cover most of what I do at the moment.

Idiot.

Ebay. Don't get me started.... If I had the option to never use it again...

I'd take it. 

I think if you look at a number of "vintage" production mics you will see that it was fairly common to etch your name and/or some sort of cataloging system into them. I have come across quite a few looking at 415Ts and 815Ts and the like.

Wexler Video unloaded a ton of stuff in late 2011 (and probably since then as well) including a bunch of Lectrosonics systems, all of which had the same etching on them. The handwriting even looks the same!

I adore mine - it's rarely off the pole. Sadly mine has quite a dint in the nose grill. I bought it from a chap on eBay who advertised it as in perfect condition, then when it arrived tried to argue that it had had sustained a knock after he'd put it up for sale, but didn't think it relevant to inform bidders!

You can get a new grill inexpensively from the Sennheiser U.S. service department:

Sennheiser

1 Enterprise Drive

Old Lyme, CT  06371-1568

(860) 434-9190