PSC NAB Sneak Peak

Professional Sound Corporation is pleased to announce that we will be showing a brand new sound cart design at this year's NAB show.   We are calling this new product our Euro Cart.  The PSC Euro Cart is about 30% smaller than our previous cart design and less than half the weight.   The entire cart can be assembled or disassembled without the use of any tools.  The cart can also be split into top and bottom parts for easy storage, transport or insert car work.   This cart is made in the USA from aircraft aluminum, hand TIG welded and finished in a super durable texture powder coat.   This is our first fully new cart design in 27 years!   Yes our exsisting carts have been around that long!  If you are going to the NAB show, please stop by Booth # C3127 and give us your feedback.  We will be posting additional photos of optional bits and pieces for this cart later today.  Stay Tuned.  Special thanks go out to Mr. Scott Farr who was very helpfull in evaluating our design and making suggestions for design improvements. 

Ron Meyer

PSC

Please note, just the basic cart is shown in the photos below.

post-473-0-16269600-1365001744_thumb.jpg

Basic PSC Euro Cart 3/4 View

post-473-0-73706900-1365001685_thumb.jpg
Basic PSC Euro Cart Side View

post-473-0-43006300-1365001819_thumb.jpg

Split Point in which cart pieces disassemble

post-473-0-60591400-1365001873_thumb.jpg

Baisc PSC Euro Cart Rear View

Hi Jack,

No pricing yet.   We are waiting for some final design feedback from customers at the NAB show before we put this into production.   There are several optional things coming for the cart as well.   We will have a fullyloaded cart in our booth.  More photos later today of the options.

Ron

Hi Philip,

I would love to make them in all kinds of colors, but that drives up the price.   We would then also have to stock all of the replacement parts in all of the colors.  PSC is really good about keeping replacement parts on hand for years and years.  With that in mind, we have to keep things simple.   The shorter top shelf is for the recorder or wireless.  This leaves an open view of the seond shelf (mixer shelf)   Any shelf can be mounted anyplace, its very flexible.  We decide to eleminate the casters to keep the weight down.  This cart is half of the wieght of our previous cart.    

Hi Philip,

I would love to make them in all kinds of colors, but that drives up the price.   We would then also have to stock all of the replacement parts in all of the colors.  PSC is really good about keeping replacement parts on hand for years and years.  With that in mind, we have to keep things simple.   The shorter top shelf is for the recorder or wireless.  This leaves an open view of the seond shelf (mixer shelf)   Any shelf can be mounted anyplace, its very flexible.  We decide to eleminate the casters to keep the weight down.  This cart is half of the wieght of our previous cart.    

Then Blue it is!  Cool that you can move the shelves around--good idea.  With the plastic wheels and all I bet it is REALLY light.

philp

Hi Crew,

The overall cart is 17" wide, 19" deep and 35" high.   Individual shelves are 14.75" wide by either 10.5" deep (top shelf) or 14.00" deep (middle and bottom shelf)  The entire cart weighs in at just under 27 lbs.   It can easily be dissasembled and packed in a small box.  The top half of the cart lifts off for easy transport in the trunk of a car.  No van needed!  The whole cart can be assembled in about 4-5 minutes and does not require any tools.  I have not had time to try it yet, but I think the whole cart may fit within a Pelican 1600 case.

Ron

Hi Guys

I have been trying to upload some additional photos of the cart options and our upcoming PSC PowerStar EuroLiFE battery/AC/Power Distro System that has been designed to compliment this cart.  Currenlty I am getting "File Server Error" mesage when I try to upload a file.   I wil try again in the morning.

Ron  

This is very cool. I think Black would be a more suitable color for set work. I also agree about having a smaller shelf mounted on top for wireless. An easy way to mount something for antennas would be cool as well.

My one concern is that, being so small, one could not use any rack mountable gear, as it is all 19". People using Venue systems or other similar units would be out of luck, though Im guessing that isnt the target audience?

If there was a version of the shelf that didn't have a ridge around the edge you could easily plop down a couple rack cases an use it that way. I use shallow racks for my current cart and they are 14 1/2" deep with the back cover on. Wouldn't hang over the edge much.

This is very cool. I think Black would be a more suitable color for set work. I also agree about having a smaller shelf mounted on top for wireless. An easy way to mount something for antennas would be cool as well.

My one concern is that, being so small, one could not use any rack mountable gear, as it is all 19". People using Venue systems or other similar units would be out of luck, though Im guessing that isnt the target audience?

I have been trying to upload some additional photos of the cart options and our upcoming PSC PowerStar EuroLiFE battery/AC/Power Distro System that has been designed to compliment this cart.  Currenlty I am getting "File Server Error" mesage when I try to upload a file.   I wil try again in the morning.

I've seen some occasional database weirdness on sites using this software. You may want to host the photos on another site (like Photobucket) and then just post links here. 

I agree, the new cart looks terrific! Sincere congrats.

Hi everyone,

I hope to be able to upload some more images in the morning when I am back in my shop.   I do have antenna mounts (super simple, able to fold down for easy travel).  I also designed a pair of rack mount "ears" that will hold 4 rack spaces worth of gear such as a typical setup of a dual video monitor and a Lectro Venue.  I also have a new dedicated power system that has been designed specifically for this cart, although it could be used with any cart. This new PSC PowerStar Euro LIFE is very compact and as light weight as I could make it.  Basically the same specs as our PowerStar LiFE, but re-packaged in a smaller format.  The distribution portion hangs just under the handle part allowing clean, clutter free power cable routing.  I'l will post up some photos that do a much better job of explaining everything.

If there was a version of the shelf that didn't have a ridge around the edge you could easily plop down a couple rack cases an use it that way. I use shallow racks for my current cart and they are 14 1/2" deep with the back cover on. Wouldn't hang over the edge much.

The shelf can be flipped over and mounted "up-side down" if you want.  That way the lip is pointing downward leaving a nice flat surface for you to work with.  But as I mentioned above, there is a rack mount set that will hold 4 spaces of rack gear.

I've seen some occasional database weirdness on sites using this software. You may want to host the photos on another site (like Photobucket) and then just post links here. 

I agree, the new cart looks terrific! Sincere congrats.

I agree with Marc, also imgur.com (pronounced Image-er) and minus.com work very well

Good to know. Looking forward to seeing the pics tomorrow.

The shelf can be flipped over and mounted "up-side down" if you want.  That way the lip is pointing downward leaving a nice flat surface for you to work with.  But as I mentioned above, there is a rack mount set that will hold 4 spaces of rack gear.

Ron!

It's a smart looking cart but you may want to think about the boom location.

If you put a decent size boom where you have mounted the Bobber then when you tip the cart it will either hit you on the head or poke your eye out. We had to mount our boom at the side of our bag cart for this very reason.

Kind regards,

Malcolm Davies. A.m.p.s.