Meet the all new Ambient QS premium boom

TimoK

Munich, Germany 4th of April 2013

Ambient Recording goes Premium with the all new QS boompole

For more than 20 years Ambient Recording has produced professional carbon fiber boompoles. The tubes used for our products are not off the shelf items but specially manufactured to our own specification using upscale yet still affordable Hi-Q modulus carbon fibers. This high quality soon made Ambient the leading manufacturer for professional booms in many parts of the world.

Now we wanted to go one step beyond and construct our masterpiece.

Ambient_QS.png

The QS boompole is handmade out of Pre-preg carbon. This is an extremely time-consuming way of production but it gives us the possibility to design the tube characteristics layer by layer. Our aim was to create a boom so stiff, lightweight and well balanced that the boom op can control his microphone like a surgeon controls his scalpel but from an 18 feet distance!

Besides the tubing we refashioned the screw locks for better grip when working with gloves.

QS_ScrewLock.png

The result we achieved is nothing less than the stiffest, most precise boom on the market that can truly be called the best pole we ever built. 

Facts

-           Weight: 37 oz

-           Length: 5.1' collapsed to 17.7' extended (with optional QP 120 up to 22')

-           Availability: Shipping starts 15th of May

See you at NAB booth C2059 and C3027

I'd take a shorter one too.....

Well, that makes two... I suppose we reflect the reactions next week at NAB and Prolight & Sound and decide afterwards...

The persons to convince are: Sebastian at NAB and Guenter at Prolight ;)

This looks good. And competitively priced.

I use a coiled cable pole (typical in the US), which I can see wouldn't work on this thin pole. Any thoughts on a bracket for a plug-on transmitter at the mic end? It might make it a bit heavier, but eliminating the cable might offset that.

This looks good. And competitively priced.

I use a coiled cable pole (typical in the US), which I can see wouldn't work on this thin pole. Any thoughts on a bracket for a plug-on transmitter at the mic end? It might make it a bit heavier, but eliminating the cable might offset that.

Of course we provide plug on transmitter solutions...

Please meet our helpful accessories

http://www.ambient.de/en/products/ambient-recording/boompoles/accessories.html

• 3 months later...

If anyone like me is interested in a short version maybe we should all register our interest (here?)

In a single heartbeat, I would buy an internally cabled  sub 20 inch (closed) to 8 or 9 feet (extended) QS. 

I feel the current offering is too closely competing with the panamic, especially (if true) as I was told by my dealer, that it can't be internally cabled now? 

Cheers.