New from Zaxcom....

Jack Norflus

price ??

availability ??

can it come in black ??

can it come in tan

will it be able to have neverclip ?

will it have any clip ?

how about BNC connectors for the UHF ports ??

Hirose for power ?

LEMO for TC (5-pin, not 4!)

does this mean that Jack is the official spokesperson for Zaxcom ??

does this mean that Jack is an unofficial spokesperson for Zaxcom ?

does this mean that Jack is an unofficial official spokesperson for Zaxcom ??

does this mean that Jack is an official unofficial spokesperson for Zaxcom ?

Mike you always tell everyone to read up. Let me encourage you to read up on Jack's previous statements of his involvement in Zaxcom. Please do.

And it doesn't say neverclip on the product site does it? Read

Very cool product! Perfect for those who've bought a non Zaxcom machine but still wants a link to camera and optional zaxcom IFB. Perfect!

price ??

availability ??

can it come in black ??

will it be able to have neverclip ?

will it have any clip ?

how about BNC connectors for the UHF ports ??

does this mean that Jack is the official spokesperson for Zaxcom ??

does this mean that Jack is an unofficial spokesperson for Zaxcom ?

does this mean that Jack is an unofficial official spokesperson for Zaxcom ??

does this mean that Jack is an official unofficial spokesperson for Zaxcom ?

It depends...  now, STFU!

(did I say that out loud?).

I just saw this also (and I don't work for Zaxcom) and I am posting the details as they appear on the Zaxcom site (so you don't have to leave JWSOUND if you don't want to). It looks to be a pretty amazing box, consolidating probably all the features and functions people need for a camera hop and more.

- from Zaxcom website

post-1-0-40982600-1365105557_thumb.jpg

The Zaxcom Camera Link, TRX900CL, is total sound bag solution for the transmission of audio and timecode to both camera and ERX series monitor receivers. It provides two-channel UHF transmission to camera with backup two-channel recording, a full ZaxNet 2.4 GHz IFB / timecode transmitter and an IFB back channel receiver. The new transmitter is based on the idea that today’s ENG/EFP mixers require a host of functions to be provided in a sound bag when mixing and recording sound for picture.

Camera Link Features:

All in one solution – Stereo Transmitter / ZaxNet Transmitter & Receiver / 2-channel Backup Recorder
Small size & weight
Ultra-low 2.13 Watt power consumption – keeps your bag powered longer from a battery source
Two switched band pass filters with a wide 40 MHz wide frequency band (covers 2 typical blocks)
Single RF transmission of two audio channels and timecode ensuring no intermodulation or receiver interference
100% digital compander free transmission
Extra detail was considered in the Camera Links design to optimize it for use in a sound bag.  Screws are present on every inch of the case to eliminate spurious radiation that can affect adjacent receivers in an audio bag.

The unit has both stereo line level balanced inputs as well as sample rate converting AES inputs.  Separate UHF and 2.4GHz SMA antenna connectors are provided for optimum flexibility.

The Camera Link is compatible with all Zaxcom receivers, but works optimally with the QRX100 outfitted with QIFB option and the ERXTCD receivers because of their ability to receive both audio and timecode.

Camera Link Specifications

Camera Link Rear View
Transmitter
TRX900CL Power Output: 10 / 50 / 100 mW – Software Selectable*
RF Modulation: Proprietary Digital Method
RF Frequency Range: 518.0 to 850.0 MHz (Typical Blocks are 40 MHz wide)
RF Frequency Step: 100 KHz
RF Bandwidth: 200 KHz
Channel Separation: 500 KHz (700 KHz recommended)
Antenna Connector: 50 ? SSMA Female
Emission Designator: 180 KV2E
FCC Part: 75.861
Transmitter Audio
Dynamic Range: 114 dB
Distortion: 0.002%
Frequency Response: Mode 0: 20 Hz to 16 kHz / T & M Mode 0.2 Hz to 16 kHz
System Group Delay: 3.5 ms
Audio input connector TA5 male
Analog Input Range: -10 to +4 dBu
Analog input type balanced line level
Audio input Impedance: 4.7 k ?
ADC Bit-Depth: 24 Bits
ADC Sampling-Rate: 48 kHz
AES input Balanced with sample rate conversion
Sample rate range 32 Khz to 96 Khz
Timecode Reader / Generator
Clock Accuracy: 1.54 PPM (1 Frame Out in 6 Hours)
Timecode Type: SMPTE
Timecode Frame-Rates: 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97NDF, 29.97DF, 30NDF, 30DF
Internal Recording
Media: MicroSD Card (Flash Memory)
File Format: .ZAX
Recording Time: 96 Hours (16 GB Card)
2.4 GHz ZaxNet Transceiver
RF Frequency Range: 2.403 to 2.475 GHz
RF Modulation: Digital Spread Spectrum
RF Frequency Step: 0.001 GHz (1 MHz)
RF Bandwidth: 1 MHz
Channel Separation: 2 MHz
Sensitivity: -96 dBm
RF power output TBD
Physical / Power
Weight: 7.3 oz
Dimensions (H x W x D): 1”x  3.55”  x 3.23”
Display: Graphic LCD
Power consumption: 2.13 watts

Looks great, they really listened to all of our harping on and on about the STA situation!

Screen on top, connectors on bottom, great!  Please tell me the SSMA is dead and this just uses standard SMA, it looks that way but the specs say different..  BNC connector for TC, thank you!  Is that a black cased QRX?  Does it come in blue?  

see that Zaxnet 2.4GHz power output is "TBD".  Hoping they make it adjustable up to 100mW or higher.  Would be nice if this could be a fully functional alternative to the IFB100 unit for transmitter control etc...  A higher power Zaxnet transmitter in a good bag format might make the ERX more feasible alternative to Comtek and Lectro.  Would be nice if the DIY amp setup could be a thing of the past.

is the zax net transceiver the same power and range as the IFB100 or the QRX100. I am finding I have have good performance with the IFB on bag rig jobs but the QRX is limited in that area.

This looks great.

Just a bit undetermined at the moment - the prototype boards are reading around 50mW. The actual production boards could bring that level closer to 100mW. So stay tuned.

That specific switch was chosen to prevent RF spray.

Tests with the camera link in a bag with block 26 lectros showed zero spray.

I was just saying that I like having an actual switch. As for the rf spray comment, I'm hoping that an old issue is solved with this new design.

So you tested block 26 lectros with the camera link in a bag, but what freqs were being used on the camera link?

Thanks jack

The early tests was with the Zaxcom camera link on block 21 and the Lectros were on block 26 - with the same block configuration there is some spray with my 900AA/STA.

There was extra attention paid to eliminating spray from day one of the design on the camera link. As opposed to the 900AA/STA where the spray elimination was dealt with after the units were designed.

There will be some more testing in the next few week - so I will report back then.

<<I am just passing info along that is publicly available on the Zaxcom website >>

and then: 

<That specific switch was chosen to prevent RF spray.

Tests with the camera link in a bag with block 26 lectros showed zero spray.>

and 

<Just a bit undetermined at the moment - the prototype boards are reading around 50mW. The actual production boards could bring that level closer to 100mW. So stay tuned.>

and 

<The early tests was with the Zaxcom camera link on block 21 and the Lectros were on block 26 - with the same block configuration there is some spray with my 900AA/STA.

There was extra attention paid to eliminating spray from day one of the design on the camera link. As opposed to the 900AA/STA where the spray elimination was dealt with after the units were designed.

There will be some more testing in the next few week - so I will report back then.>

Come on Jack, what's wrong in saying you ARE in the know with developments, and you ARE in beta and other testing modes with them? :) I know a lot of people are looking up at you for their answers... :)

-vin

Come on Jack, what's wrong in saying you ARE in the know with developments, and you ARE in beta and other testing modes with them? :) I know a lot of people are looking up at you for their answers... :)

I'm not saying I am not.

I am just saying that I am not an official Zaxcom spokesperson.

I am an end user who does consulting and beta testing for Zaxcom.