New from Zaxcom....

Jack Norflus

for extending IFB's remote control coverage, warehouse kind of studio always fine just by one IFB plus one amp,but when you get two or three conners,it's deadly dead. 

if they work out a way can pass the 1st IFB's command to 2nd,3rd IFB wirelessly, that would be wonderful 

I'm more interested in the IFB200. Can the QRX100QIFB send it timecode with remote transmitter control commands embedded?

In the IFB Extended Menu of the QRX there is a menu called Zaxnet Output. This menu switches on or off the embedding of ZaxNet commands in the user bits of the timecode.

I made a QRX menu flowchart that makes it easier to navigate through the menus: http://www.zaxcom.com/forum/showthread.php?16978-QRX-connector-pinouts-and-cable-wiring-diagrams

Mark O.

In the IFB Extended Menu of the QRX there is a menu called Zaxnet Output. This menu switches on or off the embedding of ZaxNet commands in the user bits of the timecode.

I made a QRX menu flowchart that makes it easier to navigate through the menus: http://www.zaxcom.com/forum/showthread.php?16978-QRX-connector-pinouts-and-cable-wiring-diagrams

Mark O.

For clarification, that setting is in the IFB Extended Menu and only controls whether or not Zaxnet control is embedded in the timecode output of the QRX itself, not the 2.4ghz transmission. I have this set to OFF, and I am still able to control TX's.

A Trade In program would be great, wouldn't it, but does anybody ever remember any tech company offering a trade in on an older product in our world? I don't think it will ever happen, not from Zaxcom, Sound Devices, Lectrosonics, etc.

I traded in my SRa and $250 for an SRb (Lectro), and I traded my ERX1TC and $150 for a new ERX2TC (Zaxcom).  Never heard complaints about those programs.

Sanken CS3 to CS3e...

These are all upgrades rather than trade-ins. In the case of the Lectro device, they upgrade a board. With the ERX, it's the same device in a new shell.

Obviously there's not enough shared components (or some other compatibility issue) between the older STA-based camera link and the new one to offer an effectual upgrade.

I traded in my SRa and $250 for an SRb (Lectro), and I traded my ERX1TC and $150 for a new ERX2TC (Zaxcom).  Never heard complaints about those programs.

Just got my SRa SRb back today, and was pleased and surprised at the turnaround -- I think it was 6 days total. Great service from Lectro.

I agree with Jeff: a trade-in/upgrade for most technology companies is rare. I recall an occasion where my old post house, Complete Post, bought $2 million' worth of DaVincis in 1995, and put in the contract that the seller had to give us a 100% credit towards high-def gear when that arrived in 1999. And we did that, but the manufacturer was not happy about it. 

What's the old saying, where the moment you drive a brand-new car off the lot, it immediately drops 20% in price...?

Slightly OT: Years ago there was a company in NYC called "The Audio Exchange" where you could trade in your old stuff for new stuff. As it is said "Everything old is new again."

Eric

That would be David Wasserman and Bob Englehardts old store. They changed names and location and is now called Stereo Exchange on broadway.

A Trade In program would be great, wouldn't it, but does anybody ever remember any tech company offering a trade in on an older product in our world? I don't think it will ever happen, not from Zaxcom, Sound Devices, Lectrosonics, etc.

Well, technically a trade in program can be a really smart move. It takes all those other units off the secondary market and funnels shoppers to buy new. Food for thought NJ.

NJ to fieldmixer --- thought about that food, didn't like it. Not going to happen (I'm guessing). There is no "secondary market" when everyone wants the latest item with new designs, new features, etc. Would Sound Devices take your SD 552 in trade for a new SD 664? That would take the 552 out of the secondary market...  oh, another way to do that is just discontinue the 552.