Cases for Zaxcom ERX

JonG

I recently made the plunge and got a Zaxcom ERC2TCD IFB setup to be used for camera hops/lockit boxes as well as IFB, and Ive seen some great cases people have employed for them.

I found these and the fit is perfect:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360489708794?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Just thought I'd share :)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those look exactly like the ones I bought at Big Lots for $5. The clips on the Big Lots version are plastic though.

I recently made the plunge and got a Zaxcom ERC2TCD IFB setup to be used for camera hops/lockit boxes as well as IFB, and Ive seen some great cases people have employed for them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360489708794?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I do like the ruggedness of these cases though. They look like they'll hold up better than the neoprene Body Glove cases I have.

Thanks Mark for posting that link again. When first posted I purchased 2 of them from amazon . com and I really like them. I looked for the link on the site but didn't find it.

Note to myself: this is another instance that prompts me to continue the efforts on two fronts for this site --- better SEARCH and some sort of Wiki-style resource that catalogs all these sources for products we use in our work or things we need to find to help build stuff, etc. I'm working on it.

• 5 months later...

Hi Jack, 

tried searching for many of the cases mentioned -  I guess I referred to cases talked about in the previous thread by Justin. Looking for cases at B&H as I was doing an order, and couldn't find the ones mentioned...although I am sure many others would work too (to go along with the Rycote Wireless Receiver Camera Bracket). 

- Would be happy for any tip on cases for the ERX that I could find on B&H's pages... :)

I own regular types of iphone holder (bought cheap a walmart type store) that fits the erx very well. When i put them on camera i simply velcro them to a rycote shoe plate. The advantage of these cases is that they have a belt clip for when i give them away as ifb packs.

I also own a pelican rugged case:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002PJWHMS

It is much bigger and altough pretty much undesctruclible, directors and client don t like to have such a big pack compared to the regular iphone cases. I save those for when i know i want extra protection (rain, exterior etc)

What is key in my experience so far is to always get 90 degrees connectors to protect the output.

Note to the original poster that a erx pack cannot be considered a HOP but more of a scratch track for reference purposes.

Note to the original poster that a erx pack cannot be considered a HOP but more of a scratch track for reference purposes.

I don't think I agree with this statement. IMO my ERX's have been very efficient as camera hops. Definitely much better sound quality than scratch / reference tracks that I've done with my G3s.

I don't think I agree with this statement. IMO my ERX's have been very efficient as camera hops. Definitely much better sound quality than scratch / reference tracks that I've done with my G3s.

Sure, but it pales in comparison to a full-size (and quality) camera link like an Lectro SR or Zaxcom link.

And personally, I think the G3 sounds just as good as the ERX (either of which I only use for IFB or scratch).

I should sure like a body glove, but it comes in as terribly expensive ordering from Amazon to Europe. As I was already making an order from B&H I was hoping to find a good one from them. I guess I will just go to a local store..was merely hoping to avoid the hassle of trying and testing...

• 7 months later...

My cases I just ordered used, but like new for $8 a piece:

http://www.amazon.com/Fortress-Universal-Samsung-Motorola-9269001/dp/B008U6RC6G

I checked it out in person at radio shack and the beltclip can be removed too.  I went for this case because it actually seems to protect the unit, instead of just placing a thin fabric sheath around it. 

Ill let you all know how they turn out and if the belt clip breaks right away.