got a stiffy?

TimoK

I'm surprised people are taking this so seriously, it's just a bit of fun....

I don't think anyone is offended. It's just not something anyone could wear to set. It seems silly for a manufacturers make a t-shirt that people won't wear. And it's not very original.

I still remember the t-shirt that got me sent home from school as a kid. T-Shirt for a bike shop, picture of a bike on the front with "Put Something Exciting Between Your Legs" on the front.

This shirt has the same vibe. I can just see soundies kids being sent home in droves as a result of this shirt. Poor kids. Tsk tsk Ambient! ;)

I still remember the t-shirt that got me sent home from school as a kid. T-Shirt for a bike shop, picture of a bike on the front with "Put Something Exciting Between Your Legs" on the front.

;)

See. That's funny. A little clever. A little less obvious. Makes the reader put the naughty spin on it.

How about "Stiffer is Better" on the front, with a picture of the pole on the back with the "Ambient QS" above it and website below.

Or just the Ambient logo on the front over the heart. On the back a picture of the pole. Underneath it "A stiffer pole. No medication required."

See. That's funny. A little clever. A little less obvious. Makes the reader put the naughty spin on it.

How about "Stiffer is Better" on the front, with a picture of the pole on the back with the "Ambient QS" above it and website below.

Or just the Ambient logo on the front over the heart. On the back a picture of the pole. Underneath it "A stiffer pole. No medication required."

Or maybe a better (apparently radical) idea would be to stop using the penis as the basis for an entire culture?

:wacko:

Or maybe a better (apparently radical) idea would be to stop using the penis as the basis for an entire culture?

:wacko:

You make a valid point, however, without the aforementioned member where would personkind be today?

Perhaps we should likewise objectify portions of the female anatomy... Oh, wait a minute... We already do... ...never mind.

I'm really fed up with all kinds of sexual allusions. Regardless of gender. It's just plain boring. And the fact that this business is a male dominated one, makes this even worse. It's probably a great pole and I certainly won't take ambient out of my mind because of a stupid shirt. They make great products, and I will take a closer look at this pole as it looks gorgeous!

On a serious note, sitting in a major Studio picture production meeting today, 1st point of order - Health and Safety policy read out-loud in full, 2nd point of order - Studio Sexual Harassment policy read out-loud in full... with the final conclusion that all one needs is "to be made to feel uncomfortable" as a mandate to remove the offending party immediately from the set, and the Studio Exec saying that "We don't need a list of offenses on paper, We're gonna root this out from every level, We take this very seriously..."

My current read of the situation is that presenting the message implied on this shirt on certainly many sets could very well be a "fireable offense", 

Just putting that out there...

BTW, personally I'm an absolutely HUGE fan of Ambient, their innovations and services, and the very nice people there, but I think they ought to re-think that shirt idea

I'm sorry if we offended you. Of course it is a simple sexual joke and I promise this will be the last. We've run out of those 100 shirts today anyway and we won't reprint them.

I hope you take my apologies.

Best Regards

Timo