got a stiffy?

TimoK

There is no need to apologize.  Nobody was offended.  We just didn't think it is a shirt we could ever wear.

I'd love a regular black Ambient T-shirt!

The product looks great.  Hope you are enjoying Las Vegas.

Wish I could be there, but I start a show tomorrow.

Robert

So, now these T-shirts will become a collector's item and everybody will wish they had one. 

I can just see it... many years from now... Antiques Roadshow: 

OWNER:  "My uncle gave me this.  He was a professional sound mixer.  Those were the guys who recorded sound before networks and studios discovered they could simulate all dialog with a computer program.  It's still brand new because he was ashamed to wear it at work.  That, of course, was before all men had identical genitalia from modern day gene enhancement techniques." 

APPRAISER:  "According to our research, there were only about a hundred of these produced and many of those were thrown out by spouses, so they're rare, indeed.  What do you think it's worth?"

OWNER:  "Well, it's my understanding that, at one time, they used to give them away."

APPRAISER:  "That's actually true, but in today's market, considering the pristine condition it's in, you have a six-thousand dollar T-shirt."

OWNER:  "Wow!  I'm glad I didn't use it to wash the hovercraft with like I was thinking about."

APPRAISER:  "And that's it for today, on this edition of Antiques Roadshow.  Be with us next week when we take a special tour of the valuable collection of memorabilia at the Kardashian National Museum."

FADE OUT.

There is no need to apologize.  Nobody was offended.  We just didn't think it is a shirt we could ever wear.

I'd love a regular black Ambient T-shirt!

The product looks great.  Hope you are enjoying Las Vegas.

Wish I could be there, but I start a show tomorrow.

Robert

Thanks Robert,

I see if I can get some more budget to do shirts to wear on location.

Timo

Or maybe a better (apparently radical) idea would be to stop using the penis as the basis for an entire culture?

Not that there's anything wrong with that!  

I have a feeling this is one of those things that you could get away with in Germany (where Ambient is based), but it doesn't translate so well to England, America, or Australia/New Zealand...

I have a feeling this is one of those things that you could get away with in Germany (where Ambient is based), but it doesn't translate so well to England, America, or Australia/New Zealand...

You may be right about this, but only for those who don't speak any English. But most do speak (or understand) at least a little bit. Certainly enough for this T-shirt. The words can be directly translated into German, and it would be exactly the same "joke". I didn't like either. But I am one of those, too, who don't need anymore "stiffy" jokes

• 2 weeks later...