4K BMCC

I have a friend who has a BM cam. We're going to do some tests to figure out what general audio level it wants, since it has no meters, by "cut and try".

philp

I used one the other day, it was connected to an Astrotech viewfinder, and audio meters were available in there - via sdi.

Sending from a G3 set to -12dB, mic level (IIRC) I had the gain slider somewhere around the 50% mark.

Keep in mind this was just for a scratch track so I did it quickly.

"For audio you get 1/4” jack mic/line inputs plus 12V to 30V DC input, a 3.5mm headphone socket and LANC remote control. And with a built-in uncompressed audio recorder you can eliminate post audio synching altogether."

I don't understand their fascination with 1/4" jacks. The last line made me laugh.

Mark O.

"For audio you get 1/4” jack mic/line inputs plus 12V to 30V DC input, a 3.5mm headphone socket and LANC remote control. And with a built-in uncompressed audio recorder you can eliminate post audio synching altogether."

I don't understand their fascination with 1/4" jacks. The last line made me laugh.

Mark O.

Yeah, and when's the last time anyone use LANC? I assume the use of 1/4" is because it looks slightly more "pro" than 3.5mm, but doesn't take up as much internal or chassis space as XLRs. Though with that reasoning, why they didn't just use a single TA5 is beyond me.

• 2 weeks later...
A response from the company:

The cameras will have manual audio adjustments (no meters???). Currently the specs, including audio, can be found on our website under each camera's tech specs.

For the Production Camera 4K, audio specs include:
Analog Input: 2 x 1/4” jacks for professional balanced analog audio, switchable between mic and line levels.
Analog Output: 1 x 3.5mm stereo headphone output.
SDI Audio Output: 2 channels in 6G-SDI 48 kHz and 24 bit.

For the Pocket Cinema Camera, audio specs include:
Analog Input: 1 x 3.5mm stereo audio.
Analog Output: 1 x 3.5mm stereo jack headphone output.
HDMI Audio Output: 2 channels 48 kHz and 24 bit.