NAB 2013

Matt Bacon AMPS

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been shooting videos of interesting products. As I finish editing them, I upload them here:

https://vimeo.com/album/2338718

The most interesting product for me so far is Radio Active Design's intercom -  

Listening to James Stoffo explain why they chose the VHF spectrum for the device is eye-opening.

Peter Schneider

Gotham Sound

P.S. Wisycom and Redding/Audio Ltd have interesting products which I'll post the videos for by tomorrow.

So far one of the most interesting things I have seen is the new PSC 'Six Pack' 6 channel holder for 3 x slot receivers (good for Lectro SRs, Audio Ltd and Wisycom Ron says) this sits between the Quadpack and the Octopack, though, unlike the Quadpack, it features active RF antenna splitter. It also interfaces directly with PSCs new mixer with a simple D type connector. 

PSC were also showing their new 'EU Cart', a smaller version of their cart with optional in-built li-ion power.

Wisycom are showing their new True diversity MPR30IEM Stere/Mono IEM RX with multi vendor compatibility and a 232MHz tuning range. Also on the Wisycom booth is the new MTB40 plug-on TX.

Please swing by (and please 'like'!) the Raycom Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/raycomltd) to see photos and details of the products I have mentioned above. I'll be going for a walk later and will addd some more products to the page.

was really hoping the SD 302 update would be out of the bag this week.

Yep, me too :(

This is just a lot of wishful thinking, right? There is something to be said for the robust little analog mixer not getting complicated so you know it will work every time. Same reason I still own a 442. Battle tested.

This is just a lot of wishful thinking, right? There is something to be said for the robust little analog mixer not getting complicated so you know it will work every time. Same reason I still own a 442. Battle tested.

Absolutly, don't get me wrong. I own a 302 mixer myself and it is pure greatness that never lets me down. :)

However, looking at the SD mixer line up:

2 channel - New version

3 channel - no update

4 channel - discontinued

5 channel - New (relativly speaking)

6 channel - New

There really looks like there would be room for some nice new inovations around the 3-4 channel area. For me, most of my jobs are in that realm so of caurse I keep hoping. The 302 IS definitly battle tested, but I also aprechiate technology moving forward to benefit its users even further.