NAB 2013

Matt Bacon AMPS

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone get a chance to stop by the DTS demo? 

Amazing technology that folds down a multi channel mix (quad or more) into a stereo mix that psychoacoustically recreates the surround experience in headphones. 

Mind Blown. 

Best in show: 

http://www.dts.com/

I stumbled upon it by accident and was somewhat intrigued. Except for the rear surround simulation, it was very good. 

Can I ask--how diff is the "real" Zax MAXX from the prelim versions we've been looking at?

philp

I noticed PFL buttons on every channel, don't remember that from the previously released photos... A little lighter than I expected and the screen looked great. Just can't wait for it to ship already!

I noticed PFL buttons on every channel, don't remember that from the previously released photos... A little lighter than I expected and the screen looked great. Just can't wait for it to ship already!

The addition of the PFL buttons came after its release at AES. It was announce at the Trew demo back in December.

The screen is the same one that is in Nomad. The plastic overlay was removed to cut glare and the addition of a rim finishes off the edges to keep dirt out.

While we re talking about maxx, sorry if that s been discussed before but will it be able to transmit tc and qc audio to my erx recievers and if yes what s the output power of the antenna?

Thanks!

Maxx will transmit TC via UHF to a QRX receiver if you add the transmitter option. Maxx doesn't have any ZaxNet capabilities. So nothing will be transmitted via 2.4Gz.

If you want ZaxNet you might be better off with Maxx without the tx option and add a camera link that will have full ZaxNet.

While we re talking about maxx, sorry if that s been discussed before but will it be able to transmit tc and qc audio to my erx recievers and if yes what s the output power of the antenna?

Thanks!

Maxx will transmit TC via UHF to a QRX receiver if you add the transmitter option. Maxx doesn't have any ZaxNet capabilities. So nothing will be transmitted via 2.4Gz.

If you want ZaxNet you might be better off with Maxx without the tx option and add a camera link that will have full ZaxNet.

Thanks for the clarification jack. That makes sense

http://www.trewaudio.com/audioflow/nab-2013-nagra-booth/

ISDNboard can be used to transfer files ( ISDN? really..Nagra maybe ADSL??) and you can request for a 3G board.(that will replace the TC board)What is going on in Cheseaux?Seems like the Kudelski recorderline ( no longer part of the 'Nagrafactory'line) is losing it ?I know the 6 had a lot of problems with '48V' on the inputs ( when using a mike on the mike IN ,it took a long time before you could switch to line (input),otherwise you blew the input:I know a lot of 6's that where sent back to the mothership because of that)....Was hoping for something more exiting.

http://www.trewaudio.com/audioflow/nab-2013-nagra-booth/

ISDNboard can be used to transfer files ( ISDN? really..Nagra maybe ADSL??) and you can request for a 3G board.(that will replace the TC board)What is going on in Cheseaux?Seems like the Kudelski recorderline ( no longer part of the 'Nagrafactory'line) is losing it ?I know the 6 had a lot of problems with '48V' on the inputs ( when using a mike on the mike IN ,it took a long time before you could switch to line (input),otherwise you blew the input:I know a lot of 6's that where sent back to the mothership because of that)....Was hoping for something more exiting.

And all this effort for a 2 track recorder..

Did anyone drop by the Sennheiser booth? I´m  curioius if they think of us as potential customers for their 9000 series.

my guess is not for a couple of years. whilst the tx is entirely suited to our use, the receiver is a big rackmount affair that is mains only and has a fan.

but i hope that as its popularity grows amongst theatre / installation sound users grow, they will develop portable receivers.

that said, its taken them about 10 years and quite a few million euros to develop the current system.

-edit-

didnt drop by NAB - wrong continent, however, i was at a talk, where one of the project managers at sennheiser was talking about the system.

my guess is not for a couple of years. whilst the tx is entirely suited to our use, the receiver is a big rackmount affair that is mains only and has a fan.

but i hope that as its popularity grows amongst theatre / installation sound users grow, they will develop portable receivers.

that said, its taken them about 10 years and quite a few million euros to develop the current system.

-edit-

didnt drop by NAB - wrong continent, however, i was at a talk, where one of the project managers at sennheiser was talking about the system.

Thanks Rich. Just curious how they want to compete in our indsutry with their products. I guess the old SK250 needs a 21st century brother :)

Did anyone drop by the Sennheiser booth? I´m  curioius if they think of us as potential customers for their 9000 series.

I asked, they say it's a ways off.  The power requirements for their current receivers seem to be quite high.  They're using dual hospital grade power supplies and the things have monster fans keeping them cool.  They're really expensive too.  Their target market is high end live sound and broadcast events right now. 

Eventually the tech will trickle down though...