Buying Zaxcom camera link

David

I'm looking into buying the Zaxcom camera radio link and have a question of anybody that already uses this kit.

I already have Black Box timecode tx/rx so can receive timecode from camera.

Also the IFB100 is another box to put on the camera and its not that small.

Also if I'm recording backup audio onto the TRX900 I'm covered if it does go pear shaped.

And anyway from what I read from users of this kit its pretty reliable on the RF front.

I think I've already answered my own question!!

So is it worth the extra $1500 to have the IFB100 for camera return confidence monitor?

Thanks

Dave

I have the older stereoline TX and the newer RX.  Some things to consider:  I have had problems with RF bleed on to my Lectros in the bag.  I just purchased the filter antenna and it cleaned up the problem.  I would consider it.  I don't know much about the blackbox so no help there.  I have been very happy with the Stereoline for the most part.  I had some problems at the Michigan primarys, but they was a horrible RF environment, many bodies between me and the camera and I got too far away for that situation, so I sufferd some dropouts.  The confidence monitor is up to you, but in the ENG world, if you have to be wireless than it is tha shooters responsibility to wear headphones and monitor for audio problems.  Anyone who tells you otherwise is full of S***.  It is a two man team effort and they refuse, than they are not a very good shooter.  I personall would not spend extra money for confidence monitoring.  I have a rule that I never break:  If i'm wireless the shooter wears headphones, if he does not than they get the cable to the camera, no excuses.

Hope that helps