Master Clock

sonic_reducer

So, was thinking about buying a Denecke as a master clock.. Then I realized that I had a (what used to be) pretty expensive and reliable master clock attached to the bottom of my HHB portadat. So here's the question: Does anyone know how to remove the TC module from an HHB portadat, and wire it so that it can operate as a standalone master clock (with maybe a dc input from some batteries)?

A

Nope -

and...  as far as I recollect, I know of know situation where that "bottom" was retrofittable to a non-TC HHB Portadat either.

I believe the modular "look" to be just that, a "look" .... 

FWIW, you wouldn't want to destroy the HHB either.  I've long been a proponent of hard-disk recording, but I maintain an

HHB in my inventory for the odd techno-phobic client who just wants a DAT at the end of the day... also, I still get playback tracks on DAT (??) so it serves as my transfer deck (to Deva).

The HHB is still a very capable two-track TC machine for various tasks, though it's street value is diminished somewhat.

The GR-1 is such a good tool (I have two) - if you have no use for the DAT, sell it off and apply the proceeds to a GR-1.

You'll be way better off... 

Mike Filosa, CAS

Atlanta