Can someone please explain this ... <br /><br />

saxman

"<br /><br />" these are html or codes that determine formatting and effects like line breaks, bold fonts, etc. and should not normally show up in a post when using full WYSIWYG (what-you-see-is-what-you-get) editor to compose a post. I don't know why some posts exhibit and display these codes --- the majority of posts do not. Someone who knows more about this may chime in with an explanation. I find it annoying and I routinely go in and edit other people's posts to remove these codes.

Well, John, that doesn't really explain why they are there because most people insert a line break just by hitting RETURN (carriage return) and not by putting in what they believe to be the proper html tag. Like the line break I will put right here:

doesn't show any html codes...  why is that? Also, if I BOLD FACE something, why are there no codes displayed?

In the upper left corner of the editor (composition pane for Full Editor) is an icon that looks like a toggle switch. This toggles wysiwyg editor with BBCode Mode for composition. If this is toggled to BBCode Mode, that will display the html tags I believe. So, if you do a line break by hitting RETURN on the keyboard, it will insert <br> or whatever it is.

post-1-0-66842700-1366064448_thumb.jpeg

Well, John, that doesn't really explain why they are there because most people insert a line break just by hitting RETURN (carriage return) and not by putting in what they believe to be the proper html tag. Like the line break I will put right here:

doesn't show any html codes...  why is that? Also, if I BOLD FACE something, why are there no codes displayed?

Hi Jeff.  I said usually, not always. :)

It has for about a week or so just been to lazy to complain this time. I have edited a lot of my posts on the website<br /><br />Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

Who can we complain to? I've had nothing but trouble with Tapatalk from the very beginning. I suppose I can submit another support ticket and ask about this. I am pretty sure that mobile access to this site now without Tapatalk is working very well so maybe our Tapatalk users could consider accessing the site with mobile devices but not going through Tapatalk service.

Those characters appear every time I hit return to add a line break. Like now:<br /><br />It's been weeks. Possibly since the last update Jeff did. I generally go back and edit it out. It is very annoying that's for sure. Not so annoying that I would stop using tapatalk. Love it. <br />I'd love to know how to bold a word or insert a link from tapatalk mind you..

HTML is to sound mixers as audio is to camera ops.

I deal with HTML when updating the K-Tek site, and I prefer looking at the code because back in my video game days I got used to editing raw XML code to implement audio. Similar in style. WYSIWYG is cool as well, but sometimes doesn't let me do what I need to do. 

Do I love Tapatalk? Not! I contacted Tapatalk support and they told me that my installation of Tapatalk is out of date and they were surprised that it was functioning at all. What surprised me was that I was never notified that they had updated Tapatalk! As a registered client to Tapatalk and as web administrator of this site, I have always been notified of the updates and have almost always, somewhat reluctantly, update the plug-in (remembering that one of the updates practically brought my whole site down).

So, I have no updated Tapatalk to the latest version. We'll see if this solves any of the problems.

This is a test...

This is a test of the tapatalk broader-caster system...

This is only a test.

Had this been anything other than a test, some random blather would have appeared in this space. ;)

Let's see if this post is formatted correctly, coming from Tapatalk HD on my ipad.

Yes, it is tapatalk causing the codes. The bizarre thing is that sometimes it appears... Sometimes it doesn't and works properly. 

I think it's a combination of Tapatalk and the IP Board software used for the site. When one changes (sometimes without warning), it screws the other one up. It's nobody's fault -- crap happens.

I'll have to check out Tapatalk HD!

Can confirm its Tapatalk. I've been pumping out some of those <Br> etc

Using Tapatalk on my iPhone.

Strangely enough, with no changes my end, all that has stopped. Gotta love updates

Anyone getting unread topics number mismatch ? ATM Tapatalk says 66 unread but I can only download and read 60. Always more unread than available. Not a huge thing just irritating if you like it all the add up.....

Who can we complain to? I've had nothing but trouble with Tapatalk from the very beginning. I suppose I can submit another support ticket and ask about this. I am pretty sure that mobile access to this site now without Tapatalk is working very well so maybe our Tapatalk users could consider accessing the site with mobile devices but not going through Tapatalk service.

Jeff, I've been using tapatalk exclusively, but since you mentioned it I checked out the mobile version of the site, and it looks very nice, much much better than on the past. I'll try moving to that and ditching tapatalk.

I've never tried Tapatalk. I've been using the mobile option built into the forum and have had reasonable success with it.

The errant HTML codes can occasionally be the result of cutting and pasting where only part of the coding is contained. In some cases, if html code is not properly formatted, or properly nested, it can show up.

Sent from my Nexus 4, NOT using Tapatalk.